*LIVE* from the Norwegian Encore – 7-Night Alaska and Glacier Bay August 11-18, 2024

Posted (edited)

Oh no. Say it isn’t so. It’s time to go 

The ship kindly asks (actually demands) that you vacate your room by 8:00 am. You can pick a later disembark time, but you need to wait in a public space. 

IMG_8331.jpeg

IMG_8332.jpeg

IMG_8333.jpeg

IMG_8334.jpegIMG_8335.jpeg.e50a155f14c3ea05f3bbcb9325b3b662.jpeg

IMG_8336.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

Wars Cove used to be a wood pulp mill for paper. Now it serves as a big, last chance shop for souvenirs. There are also a couple of quick food and drink places… if you can’t wait 5 minutes to walk down the dock to the ship. 

IMG_8342.jpeg

IMG_8343.jpeg

IMG_8337.jpeg

IMG_8338.jpeg

IMG_8339.jpeg

IMG_8340.jpeg

IMG_8341.jpeg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cruiseInd1 said:

do you know if priority boarding is worth at NCL encore ?

One additional note is that the Paid-For priority tender is only for tendering off the ship. You would not have any priority for tendering back to the ship. 

To me, the money NCL charges isn't worth it.

45 minutes ago, mthayer295 said:

Is this available at the Haven pool? 

The 'snack' menu is usually available in the Haven courtyard pool area in the afternoon.  On Breakaway last month, it was available from 2-4pm.  Great for a late lunch.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Warm-Water Diver said:

BIRD: Really the buffet closes at 9:30? Is that every night and exactly where is this buffet located on Deck 4?

The Local is open 24/7 for food. 

The Deck 4 buffet is the crew mess for the crew. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The Local is open 24/7 for food. 

The Deck 4 buffet is the crew mess for the crew. 

Ah so that was a joke! 🙂  Yeah I knew the local was 24/7 but can't compete with the variety of options found at the buffet. They closed early on our last cruise too which absolutely jam packed the local. I couldn't even get a reservation at 10pm because the wait was over an hour at the local!  3 nights in a row the same thing, the local was just insanity. Went back to the cabin and decided to just order room service. NOPE!!!! Phone rings off hook and after 5 minutes they politely dump the call. After an hour of this each night we just gave up and went to bed hungry. NCL sure has changed, obviously just another money saving decision on their part to shut down free venues early and ignore the room service altogether! If I didn't have Cruise next certs to use I wouldn't be returning to NCL.  🤬Ok Rant over...

Edited by Warm-Water Diver
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

@BirdTravels What is replacing cocos? Hopefully a casual food place to   take load off The Local.

They are adding more Teppanyaki tables. There is space in Cocos to potentially add two 16-top tables. Or maybe some private tables like on newer ships. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Warm-Water Diver said:

Ah so that was a joke! 🙂  Yeah I knew the local was 24/7 but can't compete with the variety of options found at the buffet. They closed early on our last cruise too which absolutely jam packed the local. I couldn't even get a reservation at 10pm because the wait was over an hour at the local!  3 nights in a row the same thing, the local was just insanity. Went back to the cabin and decided to just order room service. NOPE!!!! Phone rings off hook and after 5 minutes they politely dump the call. After an hour of this each night we just gave up and went to bed hungry. NCL sure has changed, obviously just another money saving decision on their part to shut down free venues early and ignore the room service altogether! If I didn't have Cruise next certs to use I wouldn't be returning to NCL.  🤬Ok Rant over...

Yes. There was very low use of the buffet after 9:30 and most of the food was being tossed overboard nightly. 

Seems to me, if you wanted variety, you would go to the Buffet at 9:30 versus waiting in line at the local at 10:00. 

• Like 2

On 8/16/2024 at 1:00 PM, BirdTravels said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Shore Excursion buses pick up and drop off at the dock. You have no problem. 

The free shuttle is for those who want to go to town on their own. 

On 8/16/2024 at 12:44 PM, shof515 said:

shore excursions have decided buses just for the excursion

the shuttle bus is only needed if you want to go town

On 8/16/2024 at 1:00 PM, BirdTravels said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Shore Excursion buses pick up and drop off at the dock. You have no problem. 

The free shuttle is for those who want to go to town on their own. 

Thank You.

7 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Did you do the Waterfront Walk this morning?

Our schedule through 3 pm was full, so we did not have a chance to enjoy the Waterfront. It was pretty foggy most of the morning today.