Calica?

I had to look this up.  From Wikipedia (it's on the internet, so it must be true):

Calica is a quarry and a port on the Quintana Roo coast of Mexico. The name is short for the full Spanish name Calizas Industriales del Carmen, "calizas" Spanish for lime or limestone (cognate to the English "calcite.")

Also, "Calica" is a (female) indy-pop singer, apparently, been around since 2019-ish?

• Like 1

Yes Calica is the primary deep water port used for exporting limestone, as well as many exotic woods and minerals. It is also where the car ferry departs for Cozumel.

I remember the Carnival dock had been damaged by a hurricane back when we were still visiting the area. But Carnival was going there prior. Since we built a home outside PDC in 2015 I haven’t seen any cruise itineraries that included that port…

Because of how busy this port is with exports, it makes sense that cruise ships would interfere with the normal operating environment there…But with the huge number of cruise passengers hitting Coz on a daily basis, I would love to dock at Calica for its proximity to some of the most beautiful sites in the Riviera Maya!

I went there on my first cruise on the Holiday.

I don’t think it can accommodate ships larger than Fantasy class? I might be wrong about that. 

The only thing I remember about it was that it was a gravel pit and we took a bus to Tulum.