The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday August 14th, 2024

richwmn

Posted (edited)

In the roll call for my Panama Canal cruise, there was a bit of excitement yesterday from someone who looked at the itinerary on the website and concluded that the itinerary had been changed to have three sea days instead of two. Actually, the third is the day of the canal transit, when the ship could be considered At Sea because of not being docked anywhere. This was clearer in the revised itinerary sent in email, also yesterday. The only revisions were 30 minutes changes in some of the port times.

Meanwhile, the line is ready to take bids for upgrades. I have an obstructed OV in a location that I like, and I know that it's only slightly obstructed. No sure whether I will bid for a balcony.

It was strange that everyone at the urgent-care clinic asked me, conversationally, how I was. If I had been well, I wouldn't have been there.

I was exhausted after the back-and-forthing with the pharmacy--which would have been a trifle to a person who wasn't ill--and wanted to rest as much as possible today. I did two loads of laundry.

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 20

My neighbor Donna, who's dog I walk, uses bue bags to pick up Puppy poop.  After the walk you place the blue bag in a trash bag that hangs on her garbage can.  There was a lizard who lived on the trash can waiting for flies.  It was a well fed lizard.  Until Collard kitty started following me over to her house and watch me walk the dog, and stalk the dog while I am walking her.  Apparently when I took the dog back into her house, Collard started watching the lizard.  Alas, the lizard is no more.  All the flies are safe now. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 7

It's been a busy day of travel and enjoying visiting with family. 🤗 Just wanted to say hi to everyone and let you know we arrived on time today.  The only problem was since we arrived a bit early for the flight, someone decided our checked bag should go on an earlier flight to Dallas rather than our own.  No matter that the luggage tag should have notified them of which flight to put it on.  During our flight Delta emailed us that they had "expedited" our luggage.  Nice.  Thankfully no one decided to walk off with it and it was kept outside the baggage office in Dallas.  We easily picked it up and were on our way.  The baggage folks behind the desk didn't ask for I.D., just smiled and waved as we left with it.😟

Have a good night, all!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

10 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I lived on "G" Street from birth to about 9 years old, then we moved to Crown Lane at the top of Alabama Hill.  I went to Silver Beach Elementary, then Whatcom Junior High.  Moved to CA in '65 when I was 14.  Your DH falls between my middle sister and me, she graduated from Bellingham High in '63.

Later after after getting married, DH and I lived awhile on Franklin St. in the mid '70's when our son was born at St. Joseph's Hospital.  Yes, small world!

A very small world. My DBs daughters went to Silver Beach, but they graduated from Sehome in the late 70's and when DH got out of the Air Force and we went back to Bellingham for him to change his teaching credentials, we lived on Franklin Street! Just a block or so off Alabama.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

A very small world. My DBs daughters went to Silver Beach, but they graduated from Sehome in the late 70's and when DH got out of the Air Force and we went back to Bellingham for him to change his teaching credentials, we lived on Franklin Street! Just a block or so off Alabama.

Wow!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for all the daily information.

Our first cat used to hunt geckos when we stayed at our beach side holiday house. She travelled very calmly for the two hour journey, there was a speed bump at the entrance to the village, she would then sit up give a little meow as if to say here we are, I can go hunting!  She did not kill them, would bring them to us, to return them to the garden.

@lazey1  sorry to read of the health problems your DS is suffering.

@Vict0riann  it's important to keep your oncology appointment, even though you are worrying about Pat.

@grapau27 have you considered moving to a house overlooking the ocean?

We live 5 minutes from the beach and been there 42 years and have no interest in moving.

It would be nice living overlooking the sea but these properties are at a premium. 

We cruise about 5 times a year in balcony cabins and can go to the sea in less than 10 minutes.

172371784376388503324128380476.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We live 5 minutes from the beach and been there 42 years and have no interest in moving.

It would be nice living overlooking the sea but these properties are at a premium. 

We cruise about 5 times a year in balcony cabins and can go to the sea in less than 10 minutes.

172371784376388503324128380476.jpg

That is a very nice view. Thanks for sharing it with us.

You have good taste ☺️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

We may have been there about the same time-1975 or 1976?

Close -- Our son was born in Bellingham in April '74.  By '75 we were in Seattle! '76 in Montana.  Moved too much LOL.  There could have been a time in early '75, I'm not sure when we moved to Seattle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1