Itinerary change email this morning

Posted (edited)

I received an email this morning that NCL is dropping St. Kitts from our itinerary

and adding extra hours to the other port stops. I tried to check if St. Kitts had

hurricane damage and thankfully for them I don't think they did. Then I checked the

St. Kitts board. Nothing out of the ordinary there. Why would NCL drop it then?

Thanks.

Edited by Peachypooh

20 minutes ago, Peachypooh said:

I received an email this morning that NCL is dropping St. Kitts from our itinerary

and adding extra hours to the other port stops. I tried to check if St. Kitts had

hurricane damage and thankfully for them I don't think they did. Then I checked the

St. Kitts board. Nothing out of the ordinary there. Why would NCL drop it then?

Thanks.

Tropical Storm Ernesto is in the area. Just trying to keep you safe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Distinctive-Destinations said:

When they dropped Grenada for us in April they first said it was “for safety.” Then it was “the harbor needs to be dredged.”

So you may never get the actual story.

A ship getting grounded in the harbor would be a safety issue. This is addressed by dredging the harbor. Seems like a consistent and reasonable explanation.

• Haha 2

Sorry for your change, I assume you are after final payment.  Honestly we really should create a sticky thread that just tracks itinerary changes without devolving into commentary on why it happened and how they are allowed to do it whenever they want - just tracking the facts of the changes - (1) Ship (2) Notification Time Relative to Final Payment (3) Nature of Modification

It is hard to get a realistic picture of changes otherwise because like most things on the Internet.....I assume people are mainly posting about changes and not when their ship sails and returns with zero changes (I suspect the vast majority). I know someone compiled a list of 20 or so changes this year on another thread....but it is easy to forget how many there are - I just counted 61 departures in the month of September alone.

• Like 6