Anytime Dining on "S" Class Ships without Reservation

Posted (edited)

Okay pretty simple question. Apparently we forgot to make advance reservations for our party of 3 for our anytime dining on the app when they opened them up. Now only 50 days from departure or so seems only times left for all 10 nights are 8:30 and later. We've only sailed Aqua in the past on X and just showed up to Blu, this is first time in Main Dining. 

So my question is, if you show up at the typical peak times of 5:30 to 7ish on say a sea day, how long is the wait on average, based on your guys' experiences without the reservation? We will wait I'm just curious on average how

long to plan for. 

Thanks

Edited by BoundForSea

Peak times on the many S Class sailings we’ve done…generally a wait of no more than 20 minutes.  You are given a beeper.  Often I’d go get a beeper before we were ready to eat and go have a drink or listen to music.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Peak times on the many S Class sailings we’ve done…generally a wait of no more than 20 minutes.  You are given a beeper.  Often I’d go get a beeper before we were ready to eat and go have a drink or listen to music.

Perfect! Great idea and thx for the quick reply and info!

FYI they do not pre reserve all the available tables in the MDR.  There is an often a line at 5:30 when the dining room opens,  but after that clears it up. 

• Like 1

This was our experience. We made reservations for the first two nights of our recent Solstice cruise, but probably didn't need to. On embarkation day, we went to talk to the Maitre D' because I have food allergies. She told us that as a party of 2 we could come anytime, and that we didn't need to honor our first day reservation (8:30 pm) if we didn't want to. We went around 6:30 and only waited a few minutes. Even the parties around us that were larger weren't waiting very long.

We didn't see any pagers to know when your table was ready, but the Solstice did have two lines at the entrance to the dining room, one for reservations and one for no reservation. The two folks at the desks were seating people quickly from both lines.

• Like 1