Recommendations for lodging in Amsterdam prior to AMA waterways cruise

Telecombeta2

Recommendations for lodging in Amsterdam prior to AMA waterways cruise. Arriving 11/26 so I'll need two nights prior to embarking. Simple and safe are fine. I'll spend my money on the cruise.   Thanks!!

I like the Doubletree Centraal Station.  Great location within walking distance of many sites, and access to trams and trains at the station right across the street. 

28 minutes ago, Roz said:

I like the Doubletree Centraal Station.  Great location within walking distance of many sites, and access to trams and trains at the station right across the street. 

This is a very popular option.

Planning on booking this post-cruise on an Ama cruise next May.

Amsterdam recently passed a law prohibiting the construction of new hotels in the central area in an effort to control tourism.  Companies that already have a permit may proceed with construction.  The net effect will be higher prices and less availability. 

There are several Ibis hotels near Centraal station. Clean, safe and a very good price point.  Also can recommend the Park Plaza Victoria, across the street from the rail station. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Roz said:

I wholeheartedly agree 👍 

• Like 1

I booked the Ibis Amsterdam Centraal Station for ease of access to transit, including the ability to quickly get to the train station and airport and the potential to walk from our ship to hotel. It was reasonably priced, seems modern and clean and gets decent reviews. 

• Like 1

I personally prefer boutique hotels and have stayed at a few I liked. On my last trip I stayed at Banks Mansion and it was outstanding. Great breakfast and terrific location. 

• Like 2

We stayed at the Ibis in 2016 pre-cruise. Great location--can walk many places, trams right out front, and we even walked to our river boat to get on board. This place is less expensive than most others, especially with the great location. It is a bit basic--but it was clean and efficient and checked all the boxes for us.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...