Navigator App Updates

Alphen

Posted (edited)

Version 4.40 is now available.

To find your current version press "Experiences" in the center bottom banner with the ship and then press "about".

Quote "Update is about some minor performance enhancements and fixed some bugs below deck to make your experience even better." Unquote

Edited by Alphen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• Alphen changed the title to Navigator App Updates

Unfortunately only for phones not older than 3-4 years old. I'm stuck on v4.30 for my Samsung S9s...but otherwise the phone services me very well, so not going to upgrade the phone for the sake of Navigator..! There's been a recent comprehensive topic on Navigator updates recently too.

Gee. Now I have a decision to make.

😳 I’m onboard Volendam, and if I download, will it lock me out again? 🥴Or if I download, will it fix what doesn’t work?😁

Ah- decisions!!

image.png.3145794a72c552ad4155f290c04f4264.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

😳 I’m onboard Volendam, and if I download, will it lock me out again? 🥴Or if I download, will it fix what doesn’t work?😁

Ah- decisions!!

Which element isn't working?

I would be inclined to wait until home again before updating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Ah- decisions!!

image.png.3145794a72c552ad4155f290c04f4264.png

On board they will be able to assist you at the front desk, maybe an advantage in stead of updating at home.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, asebastian said:

Unfortunately only for phones not older than 3-4 years old. I'm stuck on v4.30 for my Samsung S9s...but otherwise the phone services me very well, so not going to upgrade the phone for the sake of Navigator..! There's been a recent comprehensive topic on Navigator updates recently too.

Interesting. My 6 year old iPhone says it is running version 4.40. Maybe the difference is Apple vs Samsung product?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alphen said:

On board they will be able to assist you at the front desk, maybe an advantage in stead of updating at home.

Good point!  Though I would first check with front desk if they would be in a position to help if there was a problem after the upgrade.

28 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

My apple iphone says version 4.39.  Is that the one before 4.40?  Is it good enough?

My iPhone 15 says the version is 4.38.0 . . . again, not sure if it's good enough or if I should update it. 

6 hours ago, Euby said:

My iPhone 11 updated to 4.40.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which phones will update or won't.

Well, two reasons would be: 

1. is automatic updates turned on or off?

2. is the OS of the device capable of handling the update?

I am having trouble making a rhyme out of them 😉

• Haha 1

Sitting on Version:4.40.0 (Build 522202177)

Stock Android 14, August 2024 update on a Pixel Pro.

To be honest, I don't see anything visibly different. I assume it's just patches. (I miss changelogs. 😔)

I wish they'd roll back the itinerary display and bring back the linear format.

On 8/23/2024 at 9:56 AM, VMax1700 said:

Which element isn't working?

I would be inclined to wait until home again before updating.

I ended up taking the cool-aide and it appears to be okay for iPhone 14. In the past I would periodically get locked out ( including on the HAL website) with the message “wrong password “ ( it wasn’t) and when used Mariner number- a message that the number is in use on more than 1 account. (Huh- sort of a violation if that is the PK for the database table).

DH has android and he can’t get chosen events to migrate to MyItinerary.  Not a show stopper. He also couldn’t initially get to his tour tickets, but that now works. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2024 at 5:54 AM, asebastian said:

Unfortunately only for phones not older than 3-4 years old. I'm stuck on v4.30 for my Samsung S9s...but otherwise the phone services me very well, so not going to upgrade the phone for the sake of Navigator..! 

I am using an iPhone that is much older than 4 years and the Navigator app updated to the newest version automatically. I don’t see a difference (at least not yet.) On the last 2 sailings we were advised to sign out and re-install Navigator once onboard. It was glitchy otherwise.