Where do tenders in Dubrovnik drop off pax, Old Town or ferry/cruise dock?

susiesan

My Pursuit cruise will be in Dubrovnik September 13 from 8:00am to 10:00pm. We are the only ship there that day. For planning independent shore ex, I'd like to know where the tenders drop you off. Most tours do pick ups at the cruise ship docks. If AZ tenders drop off at the Old Town then I will need to take a bus to the cruise docks.

Can anyone who has been to Dubrovnik recently tell me where we'll be dropped off?

Posted (edited)

We have been in Dubrovnik with Azamara three times. Tender drop off was in the same place every time. From there it is minium 30 minutes to the port where the bigger ships dock.

Screenshot_2024-08-25-22-39-39-495_com.google.android_apps.maps-edit.thumb.jpg.17744e3268355650fd8bba6e272f00de.jpg

Edited by beatnix
  • Like 1

The tender drop-off is in the Old Port [Porat Dubrovnik] – very convenient for sightseeing Dubrovnik town, but not so much for taking bus excursions.

What Azamara did for us was to walk to the nearby Ploče Gate (260 meters) where the bus pulled over for a quick pick-up stop.

Screenshot2024-08-25at5_46_52PM.thumb.png.0b3abea45033ef3b795544862616cb79.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, barneyboy said:

We tendered to the Old Port and caught a ferry to Cavtat as we have visited Dubrovnik many times. 

Did  the ferry to Cavtat leave from the Old Port or did you have to get to the main port docks? I'm not finding ferry schedules that show any from the Old Town. Do you have a link to ferry information?

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

Did  the ferry to Cavtat leave from the Old Port or did you have to get to the main port docks? I'm not finding ferry schedules that show any from the Old Town. Do you have a link to ferry information?

As Barney boy says the boat leaves from the Old Town harbour. We took it last time we were there but I can’t remember how often the boats were. It was a nice boat ride and we really liked Cavtat.

56 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

It left from the Old Port. I didn’t see any schedules prior to our cruise. When you disembark from the tender you’ll see several stands set up which sell tickets for the ferry. 
this link gives more information -

https://www.adriana-cavtat.com/boat-tours/regular-boat-service/

Thank you so much, that info is what I was looking for. A friend told me to take the ferry to Mlini and spend some time there, then go on to Caveat, and then return to Dubrovnik. I have all day to do my own small towns tour.

7 hours ago, susiesan said:

Thank you so much, that info is what I was looking for. A friend told me to take the ferry to Mlini and spend some time there, then go on to Caveat, and then return to Dubrovnik. I have all day to do my own small towns tour.

We haven’t been to Mlini so might look into it. Our next stop in Dubrovnik will be on  a Celebrity cruise so we’ll dock at the new port. It will probably be easier to get the bus to Cavtat.  

Just noticed that not only do I have a pic of where the tenders dock in Dubrovnik from our cruise last year, but if you zoom into the center, you can see a tender AND the blue Azamara tent!

DSCN3878.thumb.JPG.5aa69285c306430f5e9fe7dc383a1fb4.JPG

Also, here's an aerial shot to show you where the ship anchors in relation to old town

DSCN3884.thumb.JPG.411905d4f5ee5be6ecf77a4f06af1483.JPG

Enjoy!

• Like 2