QE Scales?

erniebernie

Goodmorning  just wondering if there are scales on board so we can weigh ourselves before and during cruise  Im guessing maybe the Spa? 11 more sleeps till we leave NZ for Vancouver and our cruise.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, erniebernie said:

Goodmorning  just wondering if there are scales on board so we can weigh ourselves before and during cruise  Im guessing maybe the Spa? 11 more sleeps till we leave NZ for Vancouver and our cruise.

SIL confirms scales on a Cunard Voyage are only regarded as being accurate when weighing luggage.  Being noted as being up to 2 kilos “out” when stepped on.

Best not to bother…

While there may be scales it is really difficult to get a weigh with the movement of the ship.    I've tried before on other lines and the needle swings back and forth so you can get an approx weight.

17 hours ago, erniebernie said:

An idea…. Purchase a set of reasonably priced scales to keep in one’s stateroom.  Then at end of Voyage, if having no wish to retain, donate to one’s steward.  They will then sell or barter onboard.

On QV they had one of those machines which measures weight, bodyfat % etc. Can't remember how much they were going to charge for a consultation, but presumably it came in as part of a personal training plan etc. 

22 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

SIL confirms scales on a Cunard Voyage are only regarded as being accurate when weighing luggage.  Being noted as being up to 2 kilos “out” when stepped on.

Best not to bother…

Just what I thought:)  

25 minutes ago, erniebernie said:

Thank you all for your replies  might try when we are "parked" in a calm port,if not i will take a sewing kit and move buttons IF required, hopefully not.:):)

Slightly off piste…. If one requires the use of a tailor, for whatever reason, just ask one’s room steward, as there are experienced tailors onboard serving as crew.  A few dollars for an alteration etc., undertaken by a professional tailor.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, erniebernie said:

Thank you all for your replies  might try when we are "parked" in a calm port,if not i will take a sewing kit and move buttons IF required, hopefully not.:):)

Additional… Sewing Kit?  
Go to the Purser’s Desk and ask.  

They have a supply of Cunard’s sewing kits.  Small, but very usable.

Just now, PORT ROYAL said:

Additional… Sewing Kit?  
Go to the Purser’s Desk and ask.  

They have a supply of Cunard’s sewing kits.  Small, but very usable.

Or just ask your steward. As you say, they still have them.

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2024 at 9:59 PM, erniebernie said:

If you are focused on not gaining weight you will be fine. Our experience is if we gain a few lbs over two or three weeks they drop off once we are back to our regular diet and exercise. I have never had clothes which didn't fit at the end of a voyage and I have some snug dresses. If all else fails a loop of elastic through the button hole and over the button works wonders 😉