The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday August 29th, 2024

We have visited Mount Maunganui several times, during  one visit  DH walked up the Mount.

Thanks for all the photos of Mount Maunganui and from  excursions.

@sailingdutchy  Tony,  you were greatly honoured to be chosen to represent your group.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, erewhon said:

Finally finishd reading all of the posts today..

Today is Daffodil Day, Fund raising day for the Cancer Society. The Daffodil Day message this year is simple and profound " The 1 in 3 could be me, you, or someone you love."  highlights the statistic that one in three New Zealanders will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime.

For many years we have volunteered with helping to collect  donations at locations such as at  the entry to  supermarkets for people  to donate, and buy daffodils, either real or artificial. Folk from the Cancer Society  refresh supplies of daffodils throughout the day.

@RMLincoln Welcome back from your cruise.

@smitty34877  thank you for the delightful photo of Miss Camilla.

@puppycanducruise  the Maori King died from Complications after surgery.  He was only 69.

@grapau27 thank you for your reply yesterday.

Thank you.

I appreciate your response.

I'm sorry to hear about the death of the Maori King.

My dear mam died of Metastatic cancer in 2011 and Pauline's lovely dad died of Prostate cancer in 2008.

Pauline has had 1 basal cell skin cancer removed and I have had 2 basal cell skin cancers removed.

We always cash support Cancer research.

It is currently 52°F and clear skies here at 07.42am.

Best regards.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, erewhon said:

We have visited Mount Maunganui several times, during  one visit  DH walked up the Mount.

Thanks for all the photos of Mount Maunganui and from  excursions.

@sailingdutchy  Tony,  you were greatly honoured to be chosen to represent your group.

Yes I certainly was @erewhon I will never forget this day and the beautiful people I met this day in New Zealand , Im Archer is a very kind man and we had a wonderful day with him .

I hope to get back to New Zealand one day if only the flights were not so long !  .

• Like 6