Grand Princess with Princess Plus

shepcookie

We will be sailing on the Grand in the future, and we purchased the Princess Plus.  Is Alfredo's the only restaurant that we can use the 2 causal meals?

I know the Grand does not have the gelato shop.  Does the Grand have gelato in the International Cafe?  I'm trying to figure out where we would be able to use the 2 desserts a day included in Princess Plus.  If not the International Cafe, is there another place onboard?

Thanks for your help!

Tammy

The Grand Has Alfredo's. It also has the Salty Dog as a pop up. See flyer.

https://www.princess.com/content/dam/princess/corporate/pdfs/restaurants-dining-venues-on-board.pdf.coredownload.inline.pdf

Regarding the special desserts. While I have not been on the Grand recently, on other Grand Class ships the special ice cream desserts were available at Coffee & Cones and the special cakes at the International Cafe. The ice cream sundaes are over the top with candies and such. Most likely two per week would be a lot. I saw the cakes at the I.C. You order a slice and it is delivered to you. I believe you can also order in the DRs.

2 hours ago, skynight said:

https://www.princess.com/content/dam/princess/corporate/pdfs/restaurants-dining-venues-on-board.pdf.coredownload.inline.pdf

Regarding the special desserts. While I have not been on the Grand recently, on other Grand Class ships the special ice cream desserts were available at Coffee & Cones and the special cakes at the International Cafe. The ice cream sundaes are over the top with candies and such. Most likely two per week would be a lot. I saw the cakes at the I.C. You order a slice and it is delivered to you. I believe you can also order in the DRs.

I would add that the Salty Dog pop up is in the steakhouse and was not every sea day on my sailing. 

2 hours ago, skynight said:

That is correct for Grand Princess.  I did ask for the Godfather ice cream dessert without the candies - just vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup.  Had no problem getting it.  Only ordered the cake at the IC so can't give accurate info about ordering cake for the MDRs.

Posted (edited)

Another handy link, showing what’s included:

https://britsonaship.com/2023/07/31/casual-dining-guide-for-princess-cruises-including-menus/

It doesn’t actually include full menus, just what’s included (when utilising the package inclusions) in the different venues and which ships have which venues.  Vines is also a casual dining option on Grand. 

Edited by Beamafar

Just off the Grand a few weeks ago. Salty Dog is an occasional pop up in the Crown Grill (not my cup of tea). Vines does a charcuterie and Alfredo’s has pizza.  In both Vines and Alfredo’s they allowed us to split meals on the plus plan.