Buying an Ultimate Package drink when you have the Premium Package

NicNata

Say I had the Premium Package but wanted an Ultimate Package cocktail. Do you have to pay the full Ultimate Package price or the difference between what the cost would be between the two packages. I am not sure if my question makes sense! Celebrity used to do this - one only paid the difference. The same applied to things like glasses of wine on different packages. My question is really idle curiosity rather than needing a decsion!

1 hour ago, NicNata said:

Say I had the Premium Package but wanted an Ultimate Package cocktail. Do you have to pay the full Ultimate Package price or the difference between what the cost would be between the two packages. I am not sure if my question makes sense! Celebrity used to do this - one only paid the difference. The same applied to things like glasses of wine on different packages. My question is really idle curiosity rather than needing a decsion!

If the premium package is part of an Azamara promotion, you can upgrade your drink package to ultimate; we did it a couple months ago.  If you purchase a premium package, you cannot upgrade to the ultimate drink package.  

• Like 3

We upgrade to Ultimate as with premium included and loyalty discount it is good value. As well as the cocktails the wine is our choice

• Like 3

I guess if you had bought the Premium package before the cruise you might be able to cancel it, get a refund then book the Ultimate package so long as it was before the cruise. I looked but couldn’t see any Ts & Cs regarding booking and cancelling packages.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2024 at 11:55 AM, laurieb said:

If the premium package is part of an Azamara promotion, you can upgrade your drink package to ultimate; we did it a couple months ago.  If you purchase a premium package, you cannot upgrade to the ultimate drink package.  

23 hours ago, manc said:

We upgrade to Ultimate as with premium included and loyalty discount it is good value. As well as the cocktails the wine is our choice

We are Discoverer level and have the Premium Package included under our booking promo.

I have a few questions about upgrading to the Ultimate Package.  Apologies if these have been asked previously.

Do we just pay the difference between the two packages to upgrade to Ultimate?  

How much would that be in US$ please?

How much of a discount will we receive on the upgrade with our Discoverer loyalty status?

We only have Shore Excursion OBC, so would it be best to purchase this upgrade pre-cruise by calling and using a credit card or put it on our on-board account once on board?  

Would the upgrade price be prorated if we waited until day 2 or 3 of the cruise to upgrade to Ultimate?

Thanks in advance for your answers.😎

23 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

We are Discoverer level and have the Premium Package included under our booking promo.

I have a few questions about upgrading to the Ultimate Package.  Apologies if these have been asked previously.

Do we just pay the difference between the two packages to upgrade to Ultimate?  

How much would that be in US$ please?

How much of a discount will we receive on the upgrade with our Discoverer loyalty status?

We only have Shore Excursion OBC, so would it be best to purchase this upgrade pre-cruise by calling and using a credit card or put it on our on-board account once on board?  

Would the upgrade price be prorated if we waited until day 2 or 3 of the cruise to upgrade to Ultimate?

yes, for the drink package

I believe we paid about 8.00 pppd; I honestly don't remember if we got our loyalty discount or not

You'll need to do the upgrade once you get onboard; not possible to do online beforehand if you just want to upgrade the drink package.

Why would you want to wait and miss out on the good stuff 😉

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

.....Would the upgrade price be prorated if we waited until day 2 or 3 of the cruise to upgrade to Ultimate?

Yes, but as laurieb said.....especially at $8pppd

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2024 at 11:55 AM, laurieb said:

We bought the Experience More Essentials, which includes a Premium Drink package for 2 before our cruise. Once onboard, I believe we can upgrade to the Ultimate for the difference in price (less our loyalty discount). At least that’s what we did on our last cruise.

You sure the experience more package wasn't already included the last time you did it?  They've not allowed friends to do the upgrade if they had purchased the lesser package themselves

18 hours ago, laurieb said:

You sure the experience more package wasn't already included the last time you did it?  They've not allowed friends to do the upgrade if they had purchased the lesser package themselves

Nope!