Odyssey Of The Seas - Shows and Activities Reservation Question

Greetings!

I'll be sailing on the Odyssey in 80 days. I haven't been on a Quantum-class ship since last year, and I know reservations are required for shows and certain activities. 

Can all reservations be made once your online check-in is done through your app, or do they need to be done as soon as you get on board the ship? If they can only be done on-board, can you do it through the app or you must reserve through somebody?

I plan on reserving "270" shows, North Star, Roller Skating, and Laser Tag in case anyone asks.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Can only do 270 and noth star for a fee in advance

Everything else is onboard only - day off or not at all possible!

Ugh, of course they would let you reserve anything that requires payment ahead of time. Wow, I didn't know you had to pay extra to reserve at the Two70 shows this time. Is North Star no longer free on Port Days (I know they cost extra on sea days)??? 

1 minute ago, ahahn078 said:

Wow, I didn't know you had to pay extra to reserve at the Two70 shows this time. Is North Star no longer free on Port Days (I know they cost extra on sea days)??? 

There's no fee for reserving Two70 shows (The Book on Odyssey).

North Star "normal" ride is free on port days.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

There's no fee for reserving Two70 shows (The Book on Odyssey).

North Star "normal" ride is free on port days.

Thank you, AC!!

AH

6 hours ago, ahahn078 said:

If they can only be done on-board, can you do it through the app or you must reserve through somebody?

Once on board you can everything in the app. Pre-cruise, the online planner will likely work better. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ahahn078 said:

Ugh, of course they would let you reserve anything that requires payment ahead of time. Wow, I didn't know you had to pay extra to reserve at the Two70 shows this time. Is North Star no longer free on Port Days (I know they cost extra on sea days)??? 

You do not have to pay to reserve the Two70 show called "The Book". And it is the only show in the ship requiring a reservation.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Of course but no advance reservation - only day of..

You can reserve North Star on the night before (usually appears on the app about 8pm) for the free ride on port days

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You do not have to pay to reserve the Two70 show called "The Book". And it is the only show in the ship requiring a reservation.

Our experience last month was it was available for reservation in the app but no checks were made for any of the shows. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ahahn078 said:

Greetings!

I'll be sailing on the Odyssey in 80 days. I haven't been on a Quantum-class ship since last year, and I know reservations are required for shows and certain activities. 

Can all reservations be made once your online check-in is done through your app, or do they need to be done as soon as you get on board the ship? If they can only be done on-board, can you do it through the app or you must reserve through somebody?

I plan on reserving "270" shows, North Star, Roller Skating, and Laser Tag in case anyone asks.

Thanks!

The laser tag was on the first sea day when we sailed (in Europe). It wasn’t easy to spot in the app to reserve as it’s not plainly called laser tag. RC like to make it sound dramatic lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Noted; thanks OB!

AH

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrsHFQ said:

You can reserve North Star on the night before (usually appears on the app about 8pm) for the free ride on port days

Will definitely note that; thanks Mrs H!

AH

16 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

The free slots for ifly and North Star went very quick. Even by 2-3pm on boarding day it was take what’s left. 

I couldn't follow the hand gestures at the iFly very well during the 1st time I went, therefore I'll pass on that lol. However, others who are interested should keep that in mind.

I'll definitely jump on the North Star port reservations as soon as they open up and take what I can get. Thanks bro!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rustyroo said:

Are they all day of? If so do they open at midnight?

That may vary. Check for availability as soon as you board and then go to the Ripcord desk and ask about the free slots - that is likely the hardest to get. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Do you have to wait until you're on board - or can you connect to the ship's wifi while waiting to board to check for slots?  There are 6 of us cruising for the first time on Odyssey and my young adult kids would like to try all of the free stuff!  It will be a Christmas cruise - so I'm sure it will be full and busy.

Edited by soccermom4
typo

1 hour ago, soccermom4 said:

Do you have to wait until you're on board - or can you connect to the ship's wifi while waiting to board to check for slots?  There are 6 of us cruising for the first time on Odyssey and my young adult kids would like to try all of the free stuff!  It will be a Christmas cruise - so I'm sure it will be full and busy.

Yeah I'll bet. I remember cruising ON Thanksgiving via Anthem and it was crazy busy!! As what others have said here (thanks to all of you!), as soon as you're on board and connected to ship's WIFI, get those reservations locked in as soon as possible!

On 8/31/2024 at 10:37 AM, soccermom4 said:

Thanks - I was just curious if the app started working before you physically board (my e-savvy kids wanted to know...)

I have been able to connect to Odyssey's wifi while sitting in terminal 18 in Ft. Lauderdale. I can't speak to any other ports or terminals.

• Thanks 1

Is anyone from the UK sailing on Odyssey before October? Was hoping they could pick up a souvenir for me. I always collect on each ship I sail with but I didn’t get chance from my odyssey sailing 😟 I know a big ask but would be so grateful!