Let's Guess how many pax are now booking Premier Packages @ $90/day

Gondaue

18 minutes ago, Anniken14 said:

My guess is 8% of all passengers spring for Premium package. I have this test that I often do when I'm trying to decide if I want to spend (extra) money on something. I ask myself if I'll still be thinking about the extra cost two weeks after spending the money. Usually the answer is no. On our first Princess cruise we congratulated ourselves for spending so little. I treated myself to a 10 drink coffee card and was bummed when Princess accidentally used one of the 10 "slots" for a black coffee. No way was I going to complain about it but it bugged me. Next cruise we decided to go with Plus. Night and day. No more worries about ordering a fancy coffee or bottled water. I don't usually drink so probably didn't have more than 5 alcoholic drinks the entire 16 days. But boy I loved the freedom of not having to think about having a coffee, bottled water, etc. We're going with the Premium package ($90) b/c it's a transatlantic and we'll go to Crown Grill and that French Place a lot. We don't eat meat but like the other things they have on the menu. I wonder if I can order the burrata from Sabbatini's using rooms service. OMG I love that dish.

. We're going with the Premium package ($90) b/c it's a transatlantic and we'll go to Crown Grill and that French Place a lot.

@Anniken14 Are you referring to

Bistro Sur la Mer?  IIRC those were replaced by Catch by Rudi on some ships.

Take a look at your ship’s deck plans so you’ll know what to book.

Maybe another ship has it.  IDK

We probably won't ever book packages.

Each of us has different needs. I don't need a package since I get Internet at half price and don't drink very much. OTH, I wouldn't go on a cruise if I had to stay in an Inside cabin. We always book balconies or Mini suites. I wouldn't mind ocean view cabins if you could open a window just a bit for some fresh air.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Both times I was quarantined in a full suite I could only order from the MDR

Really?  We could order from CG and Sabatini’s, Alfredo’s, MDR, etc!

We were lucky.

• Like 2

I'm wondering about the photo package as part of Premium.  Do they give you digital copies of every picture taken and then just three prints?  I assume this doesn't apply to the fancy studio where they do posed portraits (the name of which escapes me.)

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Really?  We could order from CG and Sabatini’s, Alfredo’s, MDR, etc!

We were lucky.

Without a charge ?  I have never seen free room service from a SD 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, memoak said:

Without a charge ?  I have never seen free room service from a SD 

No charge.

A lot of guests with covid, who were quarantined, were able to order from SD venues. Or so, they reported.

IDK if they still allow it in 2024.  This was the Crown and they were great.

Edited by PacnGoNow

I think Princess Plus is good enough for me. I am not a foodie so I have no complaint about the MDR and buffet. Anything is better than my own cooking. We get half price internet and my companion doesn't drink but the Plus package is still worth it.

For me-

Internet $15? (not sure about the current 50% off price) 

Gratitude $18

2-4 Drinks a day at least $20

Morning mocha  $4-6?

Premium dessert $12? (I think it's between $12-$18)

Juice bar green juice (not sure about the price)

......... That's at least $69 just from the known price above 

For my partner - replace the drinks with soda. He can eat two premium desserts a day.  Everything else is the same

Don't forget about the two casual dining and the fitness classes which I will definately take advantage of. Also the free shipping on the medalians.  

I think the Plus is definately money saving.  

The new Premier package? I think it is optional for us. The more people buying the new Premier, the less people going to MDR. This is probably a good thing for us if we just stay with the Plus. Hopefully the service in the MDR can speed up.  

• Like 4

On 8/29/2024 at 4:02 PM, h20skibum said:

Shhhhhh!   They are trying to entice the RCI passengers with that low price.  

I have the lowly $60 Plus package for my first sailing in January.  Then, I am on an RCI ship for three weeks.  Just looked at their packages.  Drinks $97; Unlimited SD $59; wifi $24; Tips $18.   So $198 pp/pd for the same thing.  

I don't see any reason to go beyond the $60 plus package. The specialty dining on Princess isn't so special.  As you pointed out the plus is a great deal for the drinks, gratuity and WiFi alone. I won't eat the two desserts and won't go out of my way to use the two casual dining options. As for an exercise class....That will be the day. We sail Royal Caribbean and Celebrity as well. I hate their dynamic pricing that discounts off of a fake MSRP.  I did happen to score a good deal on a Celebrity last minute 4 night cruise at the end of the month. All inclusive was only $51 for both the classic and Wifi package.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ccheng6401 said:

The more people buying the new Premier, the less people going to MDR. This is probably a good thing for us if we just stay with the Plus. Hopefully the service in the MDR can speed up.  

I was thinking the same thing and with everyone eating in specialty dining we should be able to get in the MDR without a long wait. The specialty dining on Princess isn't all that special especially if you sail with them a lot.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, memoak said:

I have never seen room service as being available from Specialty venues. Please let us know if you have any problems getting into venues

On our recent cruise we could order room service through the app from specialty restaurants for a charge. We ordered a rib steak from Crown Grill one night for $19 as we had some extra OBC to spend and it was quite good. If the new Premier includes free room service from specialty restaurants I'll consider premier again.  If it doesn't, and i expect it doesn't, the higher $90 charge and fear of not being able to get SD reservations will mean I'll drop back to plus and save myself money.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CDNCruiser55 said:

On our recent cruise we could order room service through the app from specialty restaurants for a charge. We ordered a rib steak from Crown Grill one night for $19 as we had some extra OBC to spend and it was quite good. If the new Premier includes free room service from specialty restaurants I'll consider premier again.  If it doesn't, and i expect it doesn't, the higher $90 charge and fear of not being able to get SD reservations will mean I'll drop back to plus and save myself money.

That $19 steak is on the MDR menu it is not the $45 meal in Crown

49 minutes ago, memoak said:

That $19 steak is on the MDR menu it is not the $45 meal in Crown

Most if not all Crown Grill menu items were available to order including all the appetizers and desserts. We ordered the shrimp meal as well. They had Sabatinis and The Catch sections too but we didn't order from them.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Kay S said:

I'm wondering about the photo package as part of Premium.  Do they give you digital copies of every picture taken and then just three prints?  I assume this doesn't apply to the fancy studio where they do posed portraits (the name of which escapes me.)

You are able to just download any digital photos .. as many as you take.  You have to be in the photo and if you see any missing, just let them know and they will make sure they are placed under your account.  
You also get three printed photos for each person in your cabin that has the premier package.  Any additional prints will cost you anywhere from $2 to $5, depending on the size print you order.  You can even upload your own photos and have them print those out for you.  You can customize onboard, them either on the app or on their computers in the photo center onboard.  
It does not include the platinum studio (if that’s what it is called).  
I absolutely love photos and I do look at mine often.  They don’t just go in an album, either digitally or hard copy, never to be seen again.  So, that is a very valuable inclusion in the premier package for us.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CDNCruiser55 said:

Most if not all Crown Grill menu items were available to order including all the appetizers and desserts. We ordered the shrimp meal as well. They had Sabatinis and The Catch sections too but we didn't order from them.

You are absolutely right.

We are on board now and your post prompted me to go looking.

There are separate 'Sabatini's' and 'Crown Grill' sections on the App and, as you say, virtually all of the menu items from those restaurants are available for room service for a price.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

There are separate 'Sabatini's' and 'Crown Grill' sections on the App and, as you say, virtually all of the menu items from those restaurants are available for room service for a price.  

but are they covered by the unlimited specialty dining package?

4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

but are they covered by the unlimited specialty dining package?

An excellent question.  No idea.  But definitely not at the moment on the Caribbean anyway because Premier 90 does not come into effect until the cruise starting 12 Sep.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

Every time I have ordered a full meal from room service every course came at one time. So I had to choose whether to have melted ice cream or cold steak

3 hours ago, memoak said:

Every time I have ordered a full meal from room service every course came at one time. So I had to choose whether to have melted ice cream or cold steak

Every cruise line sells the dream. This tells the reality. Thanks!

On 8/30/2024 at 12:19 PM, memoak said:

. I can’t imagine eating in SD’s day after day especially when we have reserve dining

Not everybody stays in suites and guarantees their night one in SD by going to their concierge and eats dinner in reserve dining the rest of the cruise. 

There are some that stay in steerage and are excited about investing in the Premier package instead of a suite and also spending less for the privilege at the same time.  Isn't it nice to have choices?

• Like 2

On 8/30/2024 at 5:04 PM, IndyKid said:

I had issues finding openings for just 2 nights and I can only imagine how it will be when they allow you to book it for every night.

I think it will vary depending upon how many SD venues are on a specific ship.  We have reservations on the Sun for October as well as January.  We had the Plus booked for each.  I checked for SD availability before upgrading to Premiere.  Our January cruise wasn't a problem and I got my TA to upgrade us and I snagged 13/14 SD reservations.  On the other hand, October will be determined on board since SD was non existent for Teppanyaki and only one evening available after 810 at the Crown Grill.  Since we have 400 in OBC to use, hopefully embarkation day reservations will be able for SD reservations since they have a certain percentage for on board booking.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2024 at 5:15 PM, memoak said:

You do know that coffee drinks, sodas and waters are unlimited. Not counted against your 15. With a $30 difference between the plus and premier why pay for the premier unless you are going to eat many many nights in SD’s

Because there are cruisers that wish to engage in the $15-20 drinks and wines that are available with the Premier package.  Not everybody is satisfied with $10.00 Grey Goose and a 25% discount on an upgraded bottle of wine with dinner.

Different cruisers have different habits.  

On 8/31/2024 at 2:46 PM, Teechur said:

OTH, I wouldn't go on a cruise if I had to stay in an Inside cabin. 

And we invest in a package on every cruise by using the money difference between an inside and a balcony or suite and come out ahead in the long run by spending less money.  All we do in our cabin is sleep, shower and dress.  Instead of relaxing on a balcony, there are plenty of places outside our cabin to relax with an adult beverage in hand.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Not everybody stays in suites and guarantees their night one in SD by going to their concierge and eats dinner in reserve dining the rest of the cruise. 

There are some that stay in steerage and are excited about investing in the Premier package instead of a suite and also spending less for the privilege at the same time.  Isn't it nice to have choices?

You really don’t think we pay full price for our suites do you ?  We generally have free balconies or insides and just pay to upgrade