Azamara's 2026 Three Eclipse Cruises open September 5th

ChucktownSteve

Posted (edited)

I noticed one of the cruises I'm interested in has a nearby port at 94% the day of the eclipse.  I hope they're at sea for 100% during the total eclipse.  Guess I'll just have to wait for Thursday if they don't release the itineraries before then.  My email didn't link to them.

Anyone else interested in seeing or booking an eclipse cruise?

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

I attended the prior Azamara webinar, and preregistered interest in the 2026 Solar Eclipse cruises.  Overnight I got the "Mark your calendar" email too.  And there are no working links in that email for me too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After receiving the email, I contacted my TA and asked him to book one of these solar eclipse cruises for DH and me. 

Now I'm anxiously awaiting more information so that I can begin doing research on the ports and possibly a B2B in the same cabin. 

We did an eclipse cruise on the Koningsdam and we're hooked.

• Like 1

I didnt receive the email being referred to and I usually do get the AZ emails. We did however receive the Perry Golf email that lists “preliminary” golf cruises for April - Nov 2026, the earlier months in 2026 having been out since spring. They said “coming soon” so I am guessing from these posts it is the 5th!

On 8/30/2024 at 12:23 PM, JandMinToronto said:

I attended the prior Azamara webinar, and preregistered interest in the 2026 Solar Eclipse cruises.  Overnight I got the "Mark your calendar" email too.  And there are no working links in that email for me too.

Webinar?  What webinar? How do I get invited to these webinars?

I probably received the "Mark Your Calendar" email because I called Azamara a few weeks ago (when Holland America posted their 2026 eclipse cruises) and asked whether Azamara would be sailing any eclipse cruises in 2026.  At that time, I was told only that I would have to wait until September to find out.  But apparently my information was added to the list of the webinar attendees. 🙂

• Like 2

16 hours ago, islandwoman said:

Webinar?  What webinar? How do I get invited to these webinars?

I probably received the "Mark Your Calendar" email because I called Azamara a few weeks ago (when Holland America posted their 2026 eclipse cruises) and asked whether Azamara would be sailing any eclipse cruises in 2026.  At that time, I was told only that I would have to wait until September to find out.  But apparently my information was added to the list of the webinar attendees. 🙂

I would have received an email invite to register; I have opted in for all Azamara emails and news.

Humourously, we were on a Celebrity Apex cruise mid-Atlantic and because the internet was so fabulous, I was able to attend the Azamara webinar on the Celebrity cruise on the ocean far from land!  Even streaming Netflix from my iPhone to the stateroom TV worked like a charm.

Funny I don’t really see where they market the eclipse sailing.  The best option I assume is the August 8th sailing on the Journey?  It will be in a perfect spot on the 12th.

• Like 1

I got the email this morning

LOYALTY SPECIAL ACCESS: New 2026 Summer Europe Itineraries

It mentions three solar eclipse cruises but doesn't actually tell you when they are or link to them.

Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, john1970 said:

I got the email this morning

LOYALTY SPECIAL ACCESS: New 2026 Summer Europe Itineraries

It mentions three solar eclipse cruises but doesn't actually tell you when they are or link to them.

Am I missing something?

You  received a different email from the one with information about the solar eclipses.  My August 30 email lists these:  Onward August 2 Med; Quest August 7; Journey August 8. 

• Like 1

I've had all the emails including today's, and also attended the webinar. However having located the Journey cruise, and tried to book, I am returned the message 'no categories found'. It looks as if the Azamara ebsite is as useless as ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter Lanky said:

I've had all the emails including today's, and also attended the webinar. However having located the Journey cruise, and tried to book, I am returned the message 'no categories found'. It looks as if the Azamara ebsite is as useless as ever.

I had no issues booking our stateroom on the Onward earlier

• Like 1

We are in the process of booking the Journey for the eclipse, we will actually start in Copenhagen and the Journey should be in perfect position on the 12th, at sea between Greenland and Iceland.  Of course that assumes clear weather.....

• Like 1

On 9/4/2024 at 10:15 AM, JandMinToronto said:

I would have received an email invite to register; I have opted in for all Azamara emails and news.

Humourously, we were on a Celebrity Apex cruise mid-Atlantic and because the internet was so fabulous, I was able to attend the Azamara webinar on the Celebrity cruise on the ocean far from land!  Even streaming Netflix from my iPhone to the stateroom TV worked like a charm.

Did you have the standard internet or the upgraded package?  Thanks

Here are screen shots of Azamara's three sailings in August 2026 to see the Eclipse. August 12 are sea days so hopefully they'll be positioned for 100% total Solar Eclipse.

On the third one, sailing from France to Barcelona, they take a full day at sea so I suspect they'll pass by Spain for the eclipse then come back for debarkation the following morning.

Iceland Total Solar Eclipse 8-2026.png

Ireland total Solar Eclipse 8-2026.png

Sailing from Toulon France to Barcelona 8-12-26.png

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 2

We had the most wonderful experience at sea for the total solar eclipse this past April. I imagine the captains and crews of the Azamara ships will also do a wonderful job.

A few of the things that were so terrific were:

-the science communicators, with interesting and informative lectures.

-frequent informative communication from the captain, including recording an on-demand         program answering written questions. He also recorded a program the night before, with detailed weather reports, explaining that we would be in a spot with less than 4% cloud cover, but that could change if the weather did (it didn't, and we had gorgeous, clear skies). 

-announcing at the beginning of the cruise the results of the coin flip to decide which way the ship would be pointed druing the eclipse, so people could plan whether to view from their balconies or on deck. By not pointing the bow at the sun, a sizeable percentage of folks were able to choose to view the eclipse from their balconies, reducing the number of folks on deck.

-having officers walking around with sunscreen for folks who may have forgotten to bring some on deck with them. We were all given eclipse viewing glasses, as well, customized with the ship name and date.

-keeping announcements to a bare minimum during the day, and silence during totality. 

-fellow passnegers who respected each other's space and desire to enjoy the experience.

Y'all are in for a treat!

• Like 3