App Questions (check in times/muster drill/non-internet package)

Italy52

I have a few questions for the group as our 6/1/25 Alaska cruise will be the first time we are using the CELEBRITY app. 

If we choose not to use an internet plan can we still use the Celebrity app while on board the ship?  For example, with Princess, we just put our phones in airplane mode once we are on the ship and attached to the Princess Medallion Net wifi and there is no charge.  Is Celebrity's procedure roughly the same? 

For the Muster Drill, is it all done through the Celebrity app?  On Princess we watch the safety drill on the app and then report to our muster station for check in.  If we choose not to do the muster drill on line, we have the option of watching it on our stateroom TV and once done, it checks our name as having completed the drill and that information is forwarded to the Muster Station group.  Is Celebrity's procedure roughly the same?

For check in on the app, what is the earliest time category for a check in for an Alaska cruise out of Vancouver (10:00 AM, 10:30 AM, etc.)?  We will not be purchasing any special packages that contain early check in.  When filling out the check in information, can I just choose the check in time (in order to get the earliest time) and then come back later to the check in and enter our other information like passport, emergency contact, etc.  Or, is there some place I can do this ahead of time prior to check in?

Thank you for your patience in reading my requests and for any helpful replies that you can think of that would help me navigate this new process. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

I have a few questions for the group as our 6/1/25 Alaska cruise will be the first time we are using the CELEBRITY app. 

If we choose not to use an internet plan can we still use the Celebrity app while on board the ship?  For example, with Princess, we just put our phones in airplane mode once we are on the ship and attached to the Princess Medallion Net wifi and there is no charge.  Is Celebrity's procedure roughly the same? 

Yes no paid internet is required

For the Muster Drill, is it all done through the Celebrity app?  On Princess we watch the safety drill on the app and then report to our muster station for check in.  If we choose not to do the muster drill on line, we have the option of watching it on our stateroom TV and once done, it checks our name as having completed the drill and that information is forwarded to the Muster Station group.  Is Celebrity's procedure roughly the same?

Muster drill can be done on the app (without a paid internet plan, on your in-room TV or they will brief you verbally at your muster station

or check in on the app, what is the earliest time category for a check in for an Alaska cruise out of Vancouver (10:00 AM, 10:30 AM, etc.)?  We will not be purchasing any special packages that contain early check in.  When filling out the check in information, can I just choose the check in time (in order to get the earliest time) and then come back later to the check in and enter our other information like passport, emergency contact, etc.  Or, is there some place I can do this ahead of time prior to check in?

CheckIn time will show in the App or website.   It usually opens exactly at 12:01 45 days prior to cruise (Departure time zone).   If you look at your app or booking it will show you the day.   Mine is showing for a 2025 cruise now.   Check for sure as one of my cruises is showing 21 days in advance.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Jim_Iain - Thank you so much for the detailed information, I really appreciate it.  I have my calendar all marked for my cruise check in date which is showing as April 17, 2025. 

I apologize for not being clear in my reference to check in times:  what I meant is pier check in times.  Do those particularly start around 10AM or are they earlier/later?  Thanks again.

• Like 1

@Italy52, I am so glad I clicked on your post.  We will also be cruising with Celebrity for the first time in summer 2025.  Vancouver departure, too!  We have used the apps on Carnival and on Royal Caribbean, so we have a general idea of how they might work.  I would love some Celebrity app specifics.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

@Jim_Iain - Thank you so much for the detailed information, I really appreciate it.  I have my calendar all marked for my cruise check in date which is showing as April 17, 2025. 

I apologize for not being clear in my reference to check in times:  what I meant is pier check in times.  Do those particularly start around 10AM or are they earlier/later?  Thanks again.

One thing I've noticed recently is the date on the web may be 1 day different than the app.   

Normally 11:00 AM is the earliest but for my November cruise out of Barcelona the shoreside concierge told me the earliest is currently listed as 11:30.    Maybe be that Silhouette is coming out of Dry Dock.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Others seem to say 11:30 is the earliest check in time you can pick. We will be on Solstice next Sunday out of Vancouver BC. We have an 11:30 check in. At about 30 days before your cruise you can see your document and able to print luggage tags.

• Thanks 1

@bigbenboys.  Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.  Since your experience closely aligns with my 2025 experience, I would like to ask a couple of follow-up questions:  will you be arriving at Canada Place at 11:30 AM?  If you arrive sooner, what will happen?  Are times closely monitored by Celebrity (ex.  will you be asked to return at your assigned times?)  With Princess we no longer have monitored assigned check in times so that is why I am asking. 

18 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

@bigbenboys.  Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.  Since your experience closely aligns with my 2025 experience, I would like to ask a couple of follow-up questions:  will you be arriving at Canada Place at 11:30 AM?  If you arrive sooner, what will happen?  Are times closely monitored by Celebrity (ex.  will you be asked to return at your assigned times?)  With Princess we no longer have monitored assigned check in times so that is why I am asking. 

We have left from Vancouver a number of times. Check in seems to go smooth at Canada Place. You will have to exit Canada and go through US customs before check in. We normally show up at 11:30, but we are in suites. On the ship by 12 to have lunch. I dont know if Vancouver is checking assigned times. Does seem like most ports are not following assigned times. Others might help with that question.

I dont see a need to arrive before 11:30. Celebrity wants all guest leaving off by 9:30. That only gives the 2 hours before they start boarding.

• Thanks 1

@bigbenboys.  Thanks for your response.  We also have left from Canada Place many times as we are big Alaska cruisers.  The "boarding rush" for us is the excitement that our cruise is finally here.  We just completed our 37th cruise to Alaska and can't wait until we return. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Others seem to say 11:30 is the earliest check in time you can pick. We will be on Solstice next Sunday out of Vancouver BC. We have an 11:30 check in. At about 30 days before your cruise you can see your document and able to print luggage tags.

We have a 10:30 check in time for our September Edge cruise out of Seattle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Italy52 said:

@bigbenboys.  Thanks for your response.  We also have left from Canada Place many times as we are big Alaska cruisers.  The "boarding rush" for us is the excitement that our cruise is finally here.  We just completed our 37th cruise to Alaska and can't wait until we return. 

I just got a phone call from Celebrity Retreat Concierge for our up coming cruise a week from tomorrow. She said Celebrity normally starts their check in process at 11am at Canada Place.