Does Azamara Make Blended Drinks (Smoothies) For Health Reasons?

N 2 Sun

Hello all,

I have recently developed an esophagus problem that sometimes causes me to choke when eating. 

To prevent this from happening I’ve been existing mostly on smoothies lately. 

Does anyone know if the Azamara kitchens or bars will make simple smoothies for guests….banana, milk, peanut butter and a handful of spinach?

If not, perhaps I can buy a blender at an appliance store in Europe and make them myself. 

Thank you. 

It’s been several years, but they did make them for us.  Can’t begin our morning without them.  I think there was a bar up in the lido area and they made them there. I think I collected the vegis, fruit, yogurt from the lido and brought those things to the bar.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, uktog said:

Speak to Special Needs department in your circumstances I’m sure they can help. 

Thank you!  I had no idea there was such a thing as a Special Needs department. 

I appreciate that so much. 

Marilyn

• Like 1

They do smoothies in Windows Lido for breakfast every morning. 
As you obviously need them at other times it would be a good idea to check Special Meals in the Special Requests section in Manage My Reservation in your online booking. Once onboard you can talk to them about your requirements.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, dcsam said:

It’s been several years, but they did make them for us.  Can’t begin our morning without them.  I think there was a bar up in the lido area and they made them there. I think I collected the vegis, fruit, yogurt from the lido and brought those things to the bar.  

That is a wonderful idea. Thank you so very much. 

1 minute ago, Grandma Cruising said:

They do smoothies in Windows Lido for breakfast every morning. 
As you obviously need them at other times it would be a good idea to check Special Meals in the Special Requests section in Manage My Reservation in your online booking. Once onboard you can talk to them about your requirements.

I love this group and your answer is most helpful. Thank you so much. I will update our record on my reservation page. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N 2 Sun said:

I love this group and your answer is most helpful. Thank you so much. I will update our record on my reservation page. 

There is a smoothies bar open in the morning in Windows buffet. The special needs form is a great idea. You know what I'd also do?  Go and see one of the Maitre d's in charge there at the start  (they'll be wearing a suit) and just explain to them as well. My experience is that they will be delighted to help you and put your mind at rest. 

Phil 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, N 2 Sun said:

The one thing about Azamara over many other lines. They will bend over backwards to accommodate you where your catering requests are reasonable and for medical reasons.

Your request certainly falls in the reasonable camp! 

They didn’t fall for my caviar diet plan 😂😂

• Haha 8

24 minutes ago, uktog said:

The one thing about Azamara over many other lines. They will bend over backwards to accommodate you where your catering requests are reasonable and for medical reasons.

Your request certainly falls in the reasonable camp! 

They didn’t fall for my caviar diet plan 😂😂

I think your request for Dom Perignon on the side pushed it over the edge. 

Phil 

• Haha 7

The smoothies bar in the morning on Pursuit was very accommodating   They would make special mixes to order.   Sometimes we would order extra and keep one in the cabin fridge for later in the day.

I can relate to your situation. I was having all kinds of esophageal problems, and choking on food. After a lot of investigation, it turns out it was food allergy related. I had to cut out all dairy and eggs, but I no longer choke on food. I pinpointed the allergy through home testing. Hope your cruise goes well, I know the folks on Azamara will take good care of you.

• Like 1

Leave the blender at home. Every sort of smoothies is available in the Cafe every morning, and I'd be shocked if Azamara didn't accommodate you elsewhere on the ship during the course of the day. It is 100% non of my business, but as a physician, please tell me that you have had a proper GI workup, and that you are under medical care for the condition. Whatever it is, you don't have to live the rest of your life eating only smoothies.  Enjoy the cruise, I would avoid the green smoothies that turn green from kale and spinach.

• Like 6