Help for a new Mediterranean cruiser - solo traveller

AussieNewbie

Hello.

I don't know if I'm in the right forum board for these questions, so sorry if I'm not. There are so many boards it's hard to know where to start. Send me to the correct board if needed.

I've done a few cruises with family in the Australia and South Pacific regions. However, I'm considering doing a SOLO cruise from Rome in September/October 2025 going through the Mediterranean. At this stage probably for 7 days or so.

I'm not a premium cruiser and I'm not an el-cheapo cruiser either, I do like a little bit of luxury without paying top dollar as a solo passenger.

So my questions:

1. As a mid-range solo cruiser which companies offer good value for money for a solo cruiser?  IE, good cabins (I do like a balcony) without being stuck in a tiny interior cabin.

2. Is there somewhere I can look for deals on these cruise lines?

3. Is an "early bird" purchase a good way to get a good cabin for One compared to looking for a solo cruiser deal? I don't know if this makes sense to cruise experts, but it does to me. 

4. I've found an MSC Divina cruise that looks good to me. Is MSC considered a good mid-range cruise line or more el-cheapo? 

I think that's all for now.

Thank you for all responses and advice.

Just because MSC is less expensive than many other lines, does not mean is is a bad experience.  It is a different experience, European rather than American, or Aussie.  If you want to explore them further, come on over to the MSC board here.  EM

Take a look at Costa, they can have reasonable prices for solos. Nice fleet but they are a Italian line and most guests will speak Italian, although all the staff speak English.  

An early bird purchase can be good, but the best bargains,seem to be 3 months out and less,,if you are that flexible. BUT you may spend a bundle in airfare at the last moment. If you are looking at Greece, you should look at Celestyal. They offer a 50 % solo supplement, and free wine and beer with lunch and dinner. They have smaller ships and the tips are included. Cabins are big, the ship tours are reasonable and have a 20% if bought ahead. They even give an 80 Euro discount. The tours are excellent (at least the archeology ones are ) and are given by archeologists. I just did one. It was great!!!