Who is a true Cunarder?

babs135

We're just off our first cruise on the Queen Anne and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.  We have now sailed on all 4 of the Queens and look forward to our next voyage whenever that may be.  During this cruise a number of members of the crew stopped to say hello as they recognised us from other cruises.  As this has never happened before we were obviously delighted that they remembered us but my question is this : as the crew now acknowledge us as 'frequent sailors', are we now true Cunarders? 😉

Thanks for posting. It's good to hear that you enjoyed your Queen Anne cruise as comments here have been mixed. 

I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell you that Cunarders are ships not people!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Host Hattie said:

I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell you that Cunarders are ships not people!

Perhaps the people should be called Cunardiers, on the model of "boulevardiers". You can pronounce it with a hard "r" if you don't want to sound too French.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, babs135 said:

We're just off our first cruise on the Queen Anne and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.  We have now sailed on all 4 of the Queens and look forward to our next voyage whenever that may be.  During this cruise a number of members of the crew stopped to say hello as they recognised us from other cruises.  As this has never happened before we were obviously delighted that they remembered us but my question is this : as the crew now acknowledge us as 'frequent sailors', are we now true Cunarders? 😉

We're most certainly not human Cunarders for the simple reason we probably go against the grain of traditionalists who call themselves as such so we are frequent 'flyers' or Cunard regulars. 🙂

It's comforting to be greeted as past passengers isn't it!

Cunard is very good at record keeping and tipping off staff as to passengers they have encountered before.  Just saying.

Edited by IB2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Thanks for posting. It's good to hear that you enjoyed your Queen Anne cruise as comments here have been mixed. 

I thought Cunarder was a magazine. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, *Miss G* said:

Mine arrived in August. 

Hmmm. Now I have in the past claimed not to have had it and someone was able to prove to me that I had, but I really don’t think I’ve had this one. What was the picture on the front, if you can remember?

3 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Hmmm. Now I have in the past claimed not to have had it and someone was able to prove to me that I had, but I really don’t think I’ve had this one. What was the picture on the front, if you can remember?

Oh my. It got a quick glance and then went into the recycling!  I am pretty sure it looked like all the others with a picture of a Cunard ship. Sorry!

• Thanks 1

Perhaps some Cunard enthusiasts would accept being called "Cunerds". I came across this term last year when reading a review of QM2. This happened shortly after the ship had come out of dry dock after some changes to carpets, etc. The reviewer noted that some of the changes were so slight that only "true Cunerds"  would spot them. Which means that there must be  a lot of Cunerds in this forum!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

To help answer the OP’s topic, a passenger that appreciates Cunard’s history and has more of an interest in the history and traditions of ocean liners and ocean travel. Hopefully sailing on Cunard will never be “just another cruise”. 

20 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Oh, very soon, I’m certain😂