NEED YOUR RESTAURANT EXPERIENCE IN SOUTHAMPTON-QUAY AREA

3 hours ago, azgrandmax3 said:

To John Bull NO you are not bad. Your info is most helpful.

As mentioned we are staying at Premier Inn.  Not sure how far that is to boarding Princess ship?

What should we expect the cost of taxi to pier be?

I have read some walk it. With all our luggage that would not be possible.

AZ grandmax3

Just to be sure - there are several Premier Inns in the centre of Southampton.

Premier Inn West Quay is on Harbour Parade.

It's just under a mile to Ocean Cruise Terminal (46 berth), so should be £6 to £7.

Altho a short journey it's worth booking the day before, eg https://radiotaxisonline.co.uk/ 

Bon Voyage

JB 🙂  

@azgrandmax3 I finally heard back from my email to Premier Inn West Quay and you are correct they are closing the restaurant and bar, however will be open the 21st and 22nd and closed the morning of the 23rd.  It looks like we are good during our stay (9-21 thru 9-23).  This is the email I received:

Many thanks for your email. You have heard right, we are closing our bar and restaurant for refurbishment. We will be open for both breakfast and dinner until September 22nd , however from the morning of the 23rd we will no longer be open for service. 
I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and if you have prepaid for any breakfast on the Monday morning we will of course be refunding this. 

As a goodwill gesture we will be offering complimentary pastries, tea and coffee for you to enjoy in your room on Monday morning.

If you need any dining suggestions we have lots of places to recommend!!  🙂

Cruise is getting closer!  Time to start organizing - and trying on (ugh) !

Mary

34 minutes ago, SEA DOGY said:

Looking at the menu we are going to try this restaurant next week I wonder how ar from Leonardo Hotel.  TIA 

We stayed at Leonardo Grand Harbour Hotel and it was a 5 minute walk (1/10th mile) to George's Restaurant. According to Tripadvisor, it's about 8/10th mile from the other Leonardo Hotel in Southampton. We used Google maps walking map on our cellphone.

No personal experience, I'm afraid, but a "reliable source" suggests two places in the Ocean Village area, if that's any help:

The Jetty - seafood

Blue Jasmine - southeast Asian

We've tried Bill's, Zizzi and l'Osteria at the West Quay shopping centre complex. They are all no fuss, chain restaurant affairs, but at least you know what to expect when you get there.

I didn’t see anyone else mention it, so I will. DD and I very much enjoyed our dinners at The Real Greek, which is another of the restaurants on the outside of the Westquay Shopping Centre. We found it by chance last year and returned this year.

On 9/9/2024 at 1:58 PM, Harters said:

No personal experience, I'm afraid, but a "reliable source" suggests two places in the Ocean Village area, if that's any help:

The Jetty - seafood

Blue Jasmine - southeast Asian

The Jetty is part of 5-star Southampton Harbour Hotel. Quite formal & expensive, though their HarBar on 6 is more relaxed and the food there is decently-priced -and panoramic views from its terrace.A number of other restaurants in Ocean Village too, but it’s a little too off-centre to walk unless lodging somewhere like Room2.

JB 🙂

On 9/4/2024 at 1:01 AM, azgrandmax3 said:

As mentioned we are staying at Premier Inn.  Not sure how far that is to boarding Princess ship?

What should we expect the cost of taxi to pier be?

I have read some walk it. With all our luggage that would not be possible.

AZ grandmax3

Too far to walk with luggage in my opinion. Taxi about 10 pound and recommend pre booking as they get busy on ship departure days.

Premier Inn West Quay, has a phone near the elevator with a direct line to a taxi company call when you arrive at the hotel to book a taxi for your trip to the ship.  They will ask- hotel name, your name, ship name, time, how much luggage, and number of people.