Carry on beverage policy question

Titan_Cruiser

This is our first Celebrity cruise. When we booked the Celebrity agent told us that we could bring on as many cans/bottles of non-alcoholic beverages as we were willing to carry. Since then I have heard that they have changed this policy and you are now limited to a set number of cans/bottles. 

For anyone who has cruised lately are you now limited? If so how many cans/bottles can each person bring on board? I have looked all over the Celebrity website and cannot find a policy at all. 

Nowhere you would expect to find it, that's for sure.

From the main page here

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs

you go to the (completely counterintuitive) "While Onboard" tab over on the right, which lands you here

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/while-on-board

Then you can select the FAQ for the equally counterintuitive "Beverage packages and ala carte Drinks" which lands you here

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/while-on-board#beverage-packages

from which you may now (finally) select

Can I bring soda or water onboard with me?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2024 at 4:54 PM, canderson said:

Nowhere you would expect to find it, that's for sure.

From the main page here

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs

you go to the (completely counterintuitive) "While Onboard" tab over on the right, which lands you here

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/while-on-board

Then you can select the FAQ for the equally counterintuitive "Beverage packages and ala carte Drinks" which lands you here

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/while-on-board#beverage-packages

from which you may now (finally) select

Can I bring soda or water onboard with me?

Thank you! This is very helpful.

15 minutes ago, chrismch said:

Call the cruiseline. For our Beyond cruise out of Ft Laud last month. They were limiting it to 2 (12 oz size) 12 pks of soda for both of us.  

I assume that this was an issue with security at the gangway?  If so ...

If I had a few minutes to spare during boarding, I'd be inclined to take a moment and direct them to the corporate web page that provides no such limits - just what an individual can hand-carry aboard, then see how things went from there.

I must say, I find the concept of bringing your own water/soda on board very, very strange. 
Spending a few $k on a holiday and then carrying extra luggage/package for the sake of saving a few extra $ on board?

Crikey, you are on holiday, live a little. Even the ones that say I like my particular brand, it’s only a week/month etc. Won’t do you any harm.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Lemorvan said:

I must say, I find the concept of bringing your own water/soda on board very, very strange. 
Spending a few $k on a holiday and then carrying extra luggage/package for the sake of saving a few extra $ on board?

Crikey, you are on holiday, live a little. Even the ones that say I like my particular brand, it’s only a week/month etc. Won’t do you any harm.

Agree, especially when always allowed to bring port on board when in Portugal.  Etc.

14 hours ago, canderson said:

If I had a few minutes to spare during boarding, I'd be inclined to take a moment and direct them to the corporate web page that provides no such limits - just what an individual can hand-carry aboard, then see how things went from there.

Did that and the response was "it's changed. This is what we got last night." The calculation was based on a 17oz container and no more than 12 cans/plastic bottles or 204 oz. I think that was pp as they approved our total 12 oz x 12 cans for both of us.

On 9/3/2024 at 3:23 PM, Titan_Cruiser said:

This is our first Celebrity cruise. When we booked the Celebrity agent told us that we could bring on as many cans/bottles of non-alcoholic beverages as we were willing to carry. Since then I have heard that they have changed this policy and you are now limited to a set number of cans/bottles. 

For anyone who has cruised lately are you now limited? If so how many cans/bottles can each person bring on board? I have looked all over the Celebrity website and cannot find a policy at all. 

We cruised in August on Eclipse. Prior to that cruise we did quite a bit of research, including calling Celebrity, looking on the Celebrity website and asking on Cruise Critic and also on several different social media sites. We got varying answers. We finally decided to take a case of water (24 16 oz. bottles) wrapped in the shrink wrap from the store. We reinforced it with duct tape so it wouldn't rip and attached a luggage tag to the top. We figured the worst that would happen is we'd have to leave some behind at the port. When we arrived at the port, we gave the case of water along with our luggage to the porters. The case of water arrived at our cabin along with our luggage. No one said a word or objected in any way.

Edited by Luvcrusn

We boarded in southampton with 16 cans of caffeine free pepsi max and 2 bottles of wine. Also bought 6 bottles of beer in Kirkwall and had them in our rucksack when getting back on board and nothing  was said . Spoke to a couple who had bought wine back on board at an Iceland port with no questions either 

12 hours ago, Lemorvan said:

Agreed..

2 hours ago, chrismch said:

Did that and the response was "it's changed. This is what we got last night." The calculation was based on a 17oz container and no more than 12 cans/plastic bottles or 204 oz. I think that was pp as they approved our total 12 oz x 12 cans for both of us.

Were they referring to some kind of document that they had in hand?  If so, perhaps we can get another cruiser to get a phone photo of that for publication here, and as a 'poke' to X to match their FAQ with 'today's current policy'.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lemorvan said:

It’s not about saving money for everyone. We have the premium drink package and will be carrying on Mountain Dew which is not offered on board. Hubby has a bit of an addiction… as unhealthy as it is. Trust me it WILL do me harm to have to deal with him cranky, ugh. 😩🤣 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Cand1G1rl said:

It’s not about saving money for everyone. We have the premium drink package and will be carrying on Mountain Dew which is not offered on board. Hubby has a bit of an addiction… as unhealthy as it is. Trust me it WILL do me harm to have to deal with him cranky, ugh. 😩🤣 

That same for my wife and her Pepsi.  I sent an email to Celebrity and they said I would get a response in 72 hours.  Lets see.

• Like 1