My evening hot chocolate

elmsliebev

We're on Regatta next month. I like to end the evening with a hot chocolate to take back to my cabin. Can I order one from a bar or will it be available from the buffet until late (late being before 11pm in my case!)

many thanks

The Terrace Cafe starts closing around 9 p.m.  However, there is a coffee machine in Horizons where you can make a hot chocolate to take back to your room.  If I remember correctly, there is also a coffee station in the Terrace Cafe (starboard side) that stays open as well.

• Like 1

Depending on your Stateroom level, there may be more options.  If Concierge Veranda level, you could go to your Lounge and there is a Coffee machine available 24/7. If you are in a Penthouse or above, you could contact your Butler and have one made and delivered to your Suite anytime as there is a Butler on duty at all times. I find the absolute Best Hot Chocolate to be made in Baristas but they open at 6:00 or 6:30, mine is made from a mix but use milk rather than water based. 
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

• Like 1

The OP is going to be on the Regatta - no concierge lounge.  At the coffee station in Horizons, there is also a milk dispenser (sort of thing), so if you you leave some space in the cup, you can add milk to the hot chocolate.

• Like 2

If you’re a do it yourself type then make sure you stock up a few packets when Terrace is open or occasionally while passing by the station in Horizons. There is no guarantee there will be one there in the evening when you actually want one. 

• Like 3

If you like your hot chocolate made with milk, you could order a pot of Hot Milk with some HC Packets, or get some from Baristas or TC.  If you like water based, just order a pot of hot water like for tea and add your packets. 
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

• Like 1

On 9/4/2024 at 6:22 AM, ORV said:

If you’re a do it yourself type then make sure you stock up a few packets when Terrace is open or occasionally while passing by the station in Horizons. There is no guarantee there will be one there in the evening when you actually want one. 

And don’t forget to bring your own insulated mug with a cover- so you can take it back to your cabin without spilling- as there are no plastic lids to cover the paper cups onboard.

• Like 1