I just got a sky suite - move up

mcatmcat

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

So what is the benefit of the move up offer?  Personally I have never seen a better price than if I had booked it right from the start with any line I sailed on. Now this just makes it a worse deal. Not to mention you are gambling on room location.

I thought WiFi and premium drinks were included when I did the offer. However I was on a veranda and going to sky suite was 420$ in total ( that was my bid) and I did to the lowest posible offer. I paid around 700 in total for the veranda and the sky suite are now like 1300 per person 

im always offline on cruises and I don’t drink alcohol and it is going to be my first suite on x , I’m super happy about it 

Edited by mcatmcat
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, sdnich said:

That is a great price for the cruise. I didn’t see if you mentioned how long  Cruise is ?? Have fun and enjoy Luminae!

Monday- Friday 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MechE31 said:

We're a move up on the reflection currently. We've been getting wine in Luminae and not being charged. 

What cabin class did you start in?  If you moved up within suites, you'd have already had the beverage and WiFi included.

If not moving up from a suite, was AI already part of the package for the cabin you had originally booked?  If so, you keep that with the MoveUp.

41 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Lucky you.  You should be charged.

Depends upon what the MoveUp was from@MechE31 isn't a regular Celebrity cruiser, and may not know how the perks/packages work.

Edited by canderson

5 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

So what is the benefit of the move up offer?  Personally I have never seen a better price than if I had booked it right from the start with any line I sailed on. Now this just makes it a worse deal. Not to mention you are gambling on room location.

The advantage of all upgrade is the Room, Luminae, Retreat and amenities that come with the Suite Class you win.  These details are clearly stated in the FAQ before you bid

image.thumb.png.3d62276a9f76e3c8209d0cc98360487c.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Depends upon what the MoveUp was from@MechE31 isn't a regular Celebrity cruiser, and may not know how the perks/packages work.

We didn't have a drink package to start with and went from an aqua verandah to celebrity suite. We fully expected to be charged. A $0 charge did show on the account for each drink.

11 minutes ago, MechE31 said:

We didn't have a drink package to start with and went from an aqua verandah to celebrity suite. We fully expected to be charged. A $0 charge did show on the account for each drink.

That's great.  Hope you left 'em a nice tip!

What can make the difference is if you move up to Sky or Celebrity suite you keep what perks you have with your original booking. If you get a Move up bid to Royal Suite or above there are perk that come with that suite.