Princess Cruise Ft. Lauderdale Hotel?

O.P. if you are thinking of staying at the Marina Hilton, do not get a Harbor Villa room. They are the ones on trip advisor that everyone complains about. Smelly, mildew. Get a tower room facing the port or the pool. These are very clean IMOP. This hotel only has about 8 floors.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

O.P. if you are thinking of staying at the Marina Hilton, do not get a Harbor Villa room. They are the ones on trip advisor that everyone complains about. Smelly, mildew. Get a tower room facing the port or the pool. These are very clean IMOP. This hotel only has about 8 floors.

Thank you so much! 

On 9/7/2024 at 2:07 PM, Jadn13 said:

Hotels are doubled that weekend because of Taylor Swift. I turned in a Free Night Award since the hotel we booked is going for $500 a night. 

Which hotel did you decide on? I think I’ve narrowed it down. 

52 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Which hotel did you decide on? I think I’ve narrowed it down. 

Hyatt House Cruise Port (not the Hyatt place as I didn’t enjoy that one for my last stay) 

• Thanks 1

It all depends on what you are looking for in your hotel.

I've done the Hyatt Place booked through Valuetrips, hotel was dated but room was clean but didn't find the bed overly comfortable. Had to pay for shuttle from airport and to cruise port but it had a decent complimentary breakfast with a bar in the lobby and stuff within walking distance for last minute shopping and restaurants. Depending oin price would stay here again but it isn't my first choice if I can find similarly priced options elsewhere.

I've stayed at Springhill Suite in Dania Beach. It is close to Dania pointe and had lots of restaurants in walking distance. Had a standard included breakfast. Room was clean and comfortable hotel was under renos last time we were there but they minimized the inconvenience as much as possible. There is a free shuttle from airport and paid one to cruise port. I like this location so am booked again for this December.

AC Hotel by Marriott in Dania Beach. Hotel was clean and modern however we found service to be lacking. Hotel shuttle was very late departing. We liked the area but found the room to be loud, AC clunked and everything echoed making for not great sleeping. It has paid breakfast (which we opted out of and instead walked to a nearby restaurant), free airport shuttle however it was late bringing us to the airport, and I believe a paid cruise shuttle but we stayed post cruise and used an uber. They did store our luggage but did not have early check-in available. Did have a lobby bar but I don't recall seeing it open.

Tru by Hilton Ft Lauderdale Airport. Room was clean and comfortable. There didn't seem to be much around this hotel. Lobby sold snacks and drinks and there was a standard complimentary breakfast. Free Airport shuttle and paid shuttle to cruise port. If you aren't looking to go anywhere once you arrive this may be an option. I think there was a drugstore a few blocks away but we didn't really venture out and chose to uber to a restaurant for dinner. 

These are based on my personal experience in the last 12 months.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

incorrect about the 8 floors, sorry - more like 13-14?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2024 at 1:46 PM, commodoredave said:

After trying many different hotels in FL over the years, we have settled on the Riverside on Las Olas Blvd. It's more expensive, but the location is close to lots of great restaurants, bars and shops. And it backs onto the river.

That's where we are staying because at the time I booked it, so many on CC were raving about it. Hope we won't be disappointed. I used CC points so price wasn't an issue.

On 9/6/2024 at 5:31 PM, SCX22 said:

It's the tropics so if there are roaches, don't be surprised; nothing a shoe or a slipper can't kill.

Hawaii was like that when I lived there. Even the rich people had roaches.

1 hour ago, MacMadame said:

That's where we are staying because at the time I booked it, so many on CC were raving about it. Hope we won't be disappointed. I used CC points so price wasn't an issue.

It’s not near a beach, but if you like a newer hotel that is on the river next to lots of shops, bars and restaurants, then you will not be disappointed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KYTess said:

The Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale is my favorite : ) 

at 1,467 USD / Night? Well, it's more than half of our cruise fare for 3 people for an 7 night cruise during spring break or an 8 night Thanksgiving cruise for 3.

No, thanks. 

P.S. That's the cheapest rate for 2 queens.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

16 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

at 1,467 USD / Night? Well, it's more than half of our cruise fare for 3 people for an 7 night cruise during spring break or an 8 night Thanksgiving cruise for 3.

No, thanks. 

P.S. That's the cheapest rate for 2 queens.

Wow 😮!