Notes from Queen Anne to the Mediterranean

Host Hattie

I'm sure you have better things to do with your time.

This performance shows up some of the limitations of the Queen's Room. It comprises of four people on stage with images projected on the screen above them. Unfortunately if you are downstairs but not at the front you can't see the screen due to the overhang of the balcony; likewise if you're upstairs but not at the front you can't see the performers.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

I'm sure you have better things to do with your time.

This performance shows up some of the limitations of the Queen's Room. It comprises of four people on stage with images projected on the screen above them. Unfortunately if you are downstairs but not at the front you can't see the screen due to the overhang of the balcony; likewise if you're upstairs but not at the front you can't see the performers.

Perhaps something best seen on TV, if shown.

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

I can imagine you have. But even without that, reading a book and watching the waves are what I mainly do. I look at the offerings, think ‘That's nice’, and then think, ‘but not as nice as watching the sea’.

I am SO glad this thread shows we're not alone in being happy being onboard with a good book and plenty of  coffee and can't be bothered fitting in any 'activities' if we don't feel like it. I got off the ship once in 2x14 days this year. Mind you, we sailed both itineraries many times so nothing new to see really.

Folk weren't happy about the weather on both of our cruises this year but blankets and hot coffee and we were wrapped up on deck watching the world and waves go by.

Considering we didn't do much, I slept like a log every night which is highly unusual for me these days. Sea air rejuvenates!

• Like 4

Just now, Victoria2 said:

I am SO glad this thread shows we're not alone in being happy being onboard with a good book and plenty of  coffee and can't be bothered fitting in any 'activities' if we don't feel like it. I got off the ship once in 2x14 days this year. Mind you, we sailed both itineraries many times so nothing new to see really.

Folk weren't happy about the weather on both of our cruises this year but blankets and hot coffee and we were wrapped up on deck watching the world and waves go by.

Considering we didn't do much, I slept like a log every night which is highly unusual for me these days. Sea air rejuvenates!

Apologies if this is a stupid question (expect a few more as we are less than a month from our first voyage on Queen Anne and with Cunard) - do they provide blankets out on deck if weather is cold?

• Like 1

Just now, DukeBeetle24 said:

Apologies if this is a stupid question (expect a few more as we are less than a month from our first voyage on Queen Anne and with Cunard) - do they provide blankets out on deck if weather is cold?

Yes - and you'll have some in your cabin (assuming you have a balcony)

Edited by buchanan101
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, DukeBeetle24 said:

Not a stupid question at all. It is vital to know things like this.

• Thanks 1

I remember one Norwegian cruise, when we were all up on deck looking out for the lights, crew came round with blankets and flasks of tea/coffee. It was a lovely experience. (Would have been lovelier if the lights had been visible at any point, but it just gives me an excuse to go back!)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

If anyone goes to the Cunard Street performance listen out for the number of "Commodore Cocktails" mentioned.

I saw it on the Maiden Voyage and they said there were six cocktails named after Cunard Commodores. I was talking to them after the show and said that I thought there were seven. They laughed and said, "Yes that's what the scrips says, but we've been to the Commodore Club to check, and on Queen Anne there's only six." As you can imagine I went straight to the Commodore Club to confirm and they were right!!! I was very impressed with that dedication to accuracy.

That was in May. A few weeks ago when we were back onboard the Commodore Club had new menus with seven Commodore cocktails. I waited all cruise but Cunard Street was performed so I didn't get to find out if they had kept it up to date.

I can confirm that Cunard Street refers to seven Commodore cocktails. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Perhaps they should just keep it for dancing. I'm told the floor is excellent for that. 😃

4 hours ago, Clewgarnet said:

I remember one Norwegian cruise, when we were all up on deck looking out for the lights, crew came round with blankets and flasks of tea/coffee. It was a lovely experience. (Would have been lovelier if the lights had been visible at any point, but it just gives me an excuse to go back!)

5 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Not a stupid question at all. It is vital to know things like this.

5 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

Yes - and you'll have some in your cabin (assuming you have a balcony)

Thanks all for the responses, it is a Norway & Northern Lights cruise we are on. News of blankets and flasks of tea and coffee is very pleasing to hear!

9 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Incidentally I notice the BC restaurant has some banquettes, so not just QG.

Although they appear to be perpendicular to the windows in photo #2 and going by the lighting are probably same in the other photo.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MylesS said:

Additionally they're hosting a solo travellers lunch on the 18th, which I've never seen before. Unsure if I'll be able to attend given it's at 12:00pm and the behind the scenes tour is at 13:30

I haven't seen this before either. How did you find out about it and are you able to provide any further details such as location (and cost, but I assume it is included!)?

1 minute ago, NavyPanda said:

I haven't seen this before either. How did you find out about it and are you able to provide any further details such as location (and cost, but I assume it is included!)?

It's advertised in the Daily Programme. 

Screenshot_20240917_182713_Chrome~2.jpg

• Like 3

Once we were dressed for dinner we went to the Carinthia Lounge for a glass of champagne and a good view of the photographer at work. Lots of red dresses and bow ties, a few gold as well as accessories. 

The air conditioning is a bit fierce in there but the views are lovely and there's no problem getting a table. 

20240917_190129.jpg

20240917_185200.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Incidentally I notice the BC restaurant has some banquettes, so not just QG.

And one of the reasons  Annie got the 👎 thumbs down from me , although managed to change my original  table (on the maiden) at the last minute . 

Whilst service was ok in Club ( efficient table waiter etc)  not my idea a premium dining experience . 300 + as apposed to around 95 on the Vistas .  👎 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1