Alaska 14 day cruises

JEDIKNIGHT

Greetings and Salutations.....

Never sailed Holland but the 14 day Alaska caught my eye many months ago but, each of those cruises was sold out when looking at categories of Verandah, Signature, and Neptune.  Ok fine. Figured I'd wait and see 2026.  I just looked today and there was a schedule up but same thing ---- Verandah, Signature, Neptune all showing sold out yet on all these cruises the lower categories show open.      Is this some quirk in the system or are the higher category rooms seriously sold out 2 years in advance?

I have a Celebrity Alaska booked this summer but I'd almost be willing to lose my deposit and book the 14 day in 2026 but for now, seems like I must stay put.

Appreciate any thoughts - thank you.   

I am currently on the Celebrity Solstice finishing up a 7 day inside passage cruise.  Tomorrow, I am on a 14 day RT cruise on the Niece Amsterdam.

There are several things that need to be considered.

1) What ports and glaciers will you see??

2) When do you arrive at the port?  Arriving mid day and only getting 6-8 hours in port is disappointing.  Also, make sure that you understand where you will be docked.  Is it convenient to what you will see?

3). How do the timed jive with your MDR dinner schedule?

4). What enrichment programs are offered?

We only book inside cabins so I cannot answer your major question.

Airlines are such a hassle these days we consider 14 days almost a minimum cruise to be worth the effort.  With Alaska especially, sitting on your private balcony watching the scenery pass by is worth the price difference to us and a lot of other cruisers.  We grab those longer cruises when possible since there aren't many of them compared to the 7 day ones. 

We booked a 14 day Alaska 2026 just ten days ago and were surprised to see the same scenario a couple days later. Looked on a couple online cruise sites and the same there.  Guess the smaller ships sell out quickly!

We had this happen and there were cabins available just not showing on the web site. A good TA who deals with HAL or a personal cruise consultant can probably get you a cabin on the cruise you want.  

19 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

We had this happen and there were cabins available just not showing on the web site. A good TA who deals with HAL or a personal cruise consultant can probably get you a cabin on the cruise you want.  

My HAL PCC booked me an aft-facing verandah stateroom on the first 14-Day 2026 Alaska cruise.

3 hours ago, VermeulT said:

I believe these cabins are released once the cruise tours are announced.

The 14-days don't have cruise tours because they return to their original port.

To the OP, I suggest calling rather than looking online. I'm sure they aren't sold out. A good TA who specializes in HAL is a great help with these things.

There are only two true 14 day cruises each season. The others are a combined 7 day northbound and 7 day southbound cruise. The 7 day north & south voyages are feeders for cruise tours.

Edited by POA1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, POA1 said:

There are only two true 14 day cruises each season. The others are a combined 7 day northbound and 7 day southbound cruise. The 7 day north & south voyages are feeders for cruise tours.

This is exactly it. Does your cruise break down into 2 one way 7 days? Verandahs and higher are held for cruise tours. You should be able to waitlist and they’ll open up closer to the date. Getting the same cabin for both legs will be another hurdle, but they should be able to do it.

4 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Is it a true 14 day, or 2 7-days b2b? You might look at booking the legs individually if it's really a B2B.

We booked this week's 14 day cruise in March.  The round trip was priced very similar to the 7 day northbound cruise.  The price per day was a lot better on the round-trip.