Does anyone know what “apo” means?

sboh

I’m taking a cruise in October. I decided I wanted to upgrade my cabin and called my cvp and at first she could not give me rates because my booking had an “apo”. After a short hold she came back and I was able to upgrade. Now I’m wondering what is an “apo”?

58 minutes ago, sboh said:

I’m taking a cruise in October. I decided I wanted to upgrade my cabin and called my cvp and at first she could not give me rates because my booking had an “apo”. After a short hold she came back and I was able to upgrade. Now I’m wondering what is an “apo”?

Just a guess, but maybe it’s something like Agency Promotional Offer?

3 hours ago, sboh said:

Ask them. 

On 9/9/2024 at 10:40 AM, sboh said:

Princess uses the system POLAR for their bookings. APO in Polar means "at price of"
In short, maybe because of a promotion, compensation from some sort of issue, maybe you're close and won a bid to another room, you have an APO on your booking.

An example of how it would read would be that you're in a balcony category BD at the price of an inside IC. In other words, BD APO IC. The system can't allow a change because it would then either lose the APO if it's truly supposed to still be there, OR it would inappropriately still give you that benefit if it should go away because of the change you've now made.

There's a lot that gets into internal princess policies and the specifics of how THEY utilize POLAR for their needs, but I hope this gives you a little bit more of an idea since I saw no one answered yet based on booking a cruise with a brand using POLAR. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, InTheWASide said:

Princess uses the system POLAR for their bookings. APO in Polar means "at price of"
In short, maybe because of a promotion, compensation from some sort of issue, maybe you're close and won a bid to another room, you have an APO on your booking.

An example of how it would read would be that you're in a balcony category BD at the price of an inside IC. In other words, BD APO IC. The system can't allow a change because it would then either lose the APO if it's truly supposed to still be there, OR it would inappropriately still give you that benefit if it should go away because of the change you've now made.

There's a lot that gets into internal princess policies and the specifics of how THEY utilize POLAR for their needs, but I hope this gives you a little bit more of an idea since I saw no one answered yet based on booking a cruise with a brand using POLAR. 🙂

Thank-you, I think that makes sense in my situation. It was just a regular booking in an inside cabin to start. I did put in a bid to upgrade to deluxe balcony then decided to call and inquire about paying for an upgrade as the cruise now is just a month away, which I did. I suspect I missed out on a free upgrade. I wish my cvp had explained this to me, I might have waited.