Joy solo inside question

I booked a solo inside guarantee, and was assigned a cabin that can fit up to four.   The bed is usually set up in the middle, with a nightstand on each side.  My concern is that with the tight space,and the 3rd/4th beds folded up on the wall, I could bump into them or hit my head. Does anyone know if they can set up the bed on one side (against the wall) and put both nightstands on the same side,to give me a bit more space?

Sorry if this is a weird question!  I usually book a balcony with my travel companion, but decided to do a last-minute cheapie solo.  Thanks for any insight.

Did you call to see if you can move to a different cabin that only holds 2? They might be happy to do it so they can sell a cabin for 4. When is your cruise?

As for your question, I have wondered the same thing. I don't know why it couldn't be done and if your room steward won't do it, I would attempt it myself. Please let us know what you find out. 

4 hours ago, KarmaElectra said:

I booked a solo inside guarantee, and was assigned a cabin that can fit up to four.   The bed is usually set up in the middle, with a nightstand on each side.  My concern is that with the tight space,and the 3rd/4th beds folded up on the wall, I could bump into them or hit my head. Does anyone know if they can set up the bed on one side (against the wall) and put both nightstands on the same side,to give me a bit more space?

Sorry if this is a weird question!  I usually book a balcony with my travel companion, but decided to do a last-minute cheapie solo.  Thanks for any insight.

On the joy this past June, I just had them separate into twins on each side with the nightstands in the middle. I don’t need a full size bed and the extra bed was convenient to use for placing things like next days clothing and having a place to pack up end of cruise.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kelib said:

On the joy this past June, I just had them separate into twins on each side with the nightstands in the middle. I don’t need a full size bed and the extra bed was convenient to use for placing things like next days clothing and having a place to pack up end of cruise.

That's what I like to do as well. I think it makes the room feel bigger and it's easier to move around in it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KarmaElectra said:

My concern is that with the tight space,and the 3rd/4th beds folded up on the wall, I could bump into them or hit my head

A valid concern.  I was in one of these cabins on the Bliss in January (booked before the additional Solo categories were announced).  I spent 15 nights dealing with those beds!!!  I never thought to ask to have the bed moved to one side of the cabin.  It wouldn't have changed the horrible design of the closet...

For my July cruise, I was assigned a family inside cabin (I think that’s what they called it.). The third and fourth beds went flush into the ceiling, so I didn’t have any bumping issues (I’m right at 6’ tall.). This was cabin 11641.  I don’t have enough experience in other cabins to know if this was normal, or I just got lucky.

given how uncomfortable I though the bed was, with the “seam” way too prominent, in hindsight I wish I’d done what kalib did and split them back into two twins.  (Still wouldn’t have helps with how hard I thought the bed was, though.)

11 hours ago, kelib said:

Not an inside but an OV with the same issue - wish I'd thought of splitting the beds LOL. But I did move the nightstand (they are really lightweight) and pushed the bed against the wall so I had decent space on 1 side.

This was my deck 12 solo-inside stateroom last oct on the Joy

The "bunk beds" were inside the ceiling.  I had the "King bed" separated into 2 singles by my attendant as I was recovering from an injury and needed to make a nest of pillows against the wall to sleep at night. 

IMG_6807.thumb.JPEG.41e64ec1a277d43295c9310f033c5c41.JPEGIMG_6812.thumb.JPEG.0b7c6f5a74fc841d0e80b3500b4502d2.JPEG

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KarmaElectra said:

The steward will arrange the beds anyway you want within reason. (What you are asking seems reasonable)

Thanks all...some great info!    Hoping the 3/4 beds are in the ceiling, so this will be worrying for nothing. (All the videos I found on YouTube showed them on the wall, but they could be old videos.)

Although I would like to have one big bed...it may actually be a good idea to keep the beds separate...that way I can use one for sitting on,  and luggage.

I like my cabin location (high deck, near elevator), so don't want to ask for a change.

Thanks again  🙂

• Like 1