OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK SEASCAPE SEPTEMBER

morpheusofthesea

1 hour ago, KittyCruz said:

@morpheusofthesea

Happy Sailings to you and your dw

Looking forward to enjoying ultracrepidarian opinions - our next cruise is on the Divina ( I need to find a CC poster worthy of the bar you set so high)  but we will be back on the Seascape once she reaches Galveston in late 25.  

Thanks for your kind words. And thanks for reminding me.

"I know nothing and I know I know nothing." Socrates

One can not go wrong vacationing on any MSC cruise ship. Our first was Divina in the Sophia Loren ROYAL Red Suite. And quickly learned my Diva needed more space for her 12 suitcases than Miss Loren.

IMG_0208.jpeg

IMG_0213.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

One can not go wrong vacationing on any MSC cruise ship. Our first was Divina in the Sophia Loren ROYAL Red Suite. And quickly learned my Diva needed more space for her 12 suitcases than Miss Loren.

IMG_0208.jpeg

IMG_0213.jpeg

The only time on any cruise for me to even entertain an idea of inviting guests for a drink in any cabin would be before her luggage arrives.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

IMG_0208.jpeg

IMG_0213.jpeg

Tell your dear wife, once MSC embarks out of Galveston I will do my best to have at least 12 pieces of luggage ready to go for our cruise. 

Edited by KittyCruz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

@Best Cat Mom Did an excellent live review of Divina last January/February.  

You are correct forgive me for failing to remember but I did look up and see reviews from both @DaKahuna @Best Cat Mom and start my spreadsheet for that sailing.  

Work is a terrible way to earn a living, but it affords me cruises and so I continue.

Edited by KittyCruz
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, chrisgp999 said:

Cushioned loungers were in the TSL smoking area for our Seascape cruise last February.

Right ...in this, your one short observation you have blown all my observations out the window and proved me the Ultracrepidarian I claim to be. 

I just tuened to my DW and said "do you know I have this great poster that just observed those cushioned loungers out in front of theTSL 5to have been there at least since February/" . We have been on 4 times since February and just noticed them. Thanks for bringing my advanced age to mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ah, sir -- now who's too nice?

What a pleasant surprise that was just delivered to our room:

image.thumb.jpeg.829981fb179aa60c2954f93f0e873e0e.jpeg

And perfect timing as we had just had some champagne delivered to help with some CC updates and auto chassis construction.

Of course, now I have chocolate all over my keyboard. LOL

PS: Thanks for the bottle that we discovered when we returned from the purgatorial heat in Puerto Plata at 4pm. Blue is my favorite color!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

The other day I touched a door button to gain access to the One Pool Deck. On past cruises I needed only to wave my hand within an inch of the door button and the automatic door would open. Alas more sensitive buttons are probably on back order?

What, don't you use your elbow to press buttons rather than a finger??😲

6 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

The other day I touched a door button to gain access to the One Pool Deck. On past cruises I needed only to wave my hand within an inch of the door button and the automatic door would open. Alas more sensitive buttons are probably on back order?

Today, we returned from our Puerto Plata excursion too late to make lunch in the Top Sail restaurant (though the advertised tour length led us to believe we'd make it in time) so we headed to the One Pool and encountered these exact doors that you've mentioned. The first does open with a wave, so I understand why you're questioning the second door not being the same.

I related your post to BCD and he said, "they don't have a no touch personal key contact?" Tell me more, I said. And here is an image from eBay for this device, priced under $10 with shipping. Amazon also may sell some similar ones.

Here is the image of a set of two -- his and hers?

image.thumb.jpeg.189866d3d58945b1257652ec218f1344.jpeg

Edited by Best Cat Mom
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Today, we returned from our Puerto Plata excursion too late to make lunch in the Top Sail restaurant (though the advertised tour length led us to believe we'd make it in time) so we headed to the One Pool and encountered these exact doors that you've mentioned. The first does open with a wave, so I understand why you're questioning the second door not being the same.

I related you post to BCD and he said, "why don't they have a no touch personal key contact?" Tell me more, I said. And here is an image from eBay for this device, priced under $10 with shipping. Amazon also may sell some similar ones.

Here is the image of a set of two -- his and hers?

image.thumb.jpeg.189866d3d58945b1257652ec218f1344.jpeg

I suggested those when Covid broke out. DW would spend time disinfecting device each time defeating their purpose. She would not put it back into her pocket unsterilized.

5 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I suggested those when Covid broke out. DW would spend time disinfecting device each time defeating their purpose. She would not put it back into her pocket unsterilized.

Sounds a bit like my DW as well.  

When we get to the room, I take my drink out on the balcony while she goes through the room wiping down everything with towelettes from the ever present disinfecting towel packages she has with her at all times.  I am not even allowed to set up my electronics on the table or counter until it has been wiped down.  So my job is to stay out of her way and let her do her thing.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Sounds a bit like my DW as well.  

When we get to the room, I take my drink out on the balcony while she goes through the room wiping down everything with towelettes from the ever present disinfecting towel packages she has with her at all times.  I am not even allowed to set up my electronics on the table or counter until it has been wiped down.  So my job is to stay out of her way and let her do her thing.  

I try to help. I put on latex disposable gloves with a can of Lysol and paper towels and she follows redoing everything because I am not thorough enough for her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

She would not put it back into her pocket unsterilized.

Ah, but these have a silicon tip that is removable. Mrs. Morph could have multiple tips that she sterilizes and continue to use the same key. Or she could cover with some disposable plastic like they do at the doctor's office with some of their tools. Then the key can be used multiple times before she'd need to dispose of her ziploc bag of used germy covers. Just a suggestion, of course. We all are set in our ways sometimes and I am not throwing any stones. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Av8tor said:

What, don't you use your elbow to press buttons rather than a finger??😲

I also am not allowed to use my finger tip, but I can use my knuckle to push the buttons.  

If there is a door handle and I am wearing a long sleeve shirt, I am frowned at if I could not cover my hand with the cuff of my shirt so that my shirt is the only thing that comes into contact with the door handle.  

Oh, and I just know everyone uses their hip to open the push bar doors.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I also am not allowed to use my finger tip, but I can use my knuckle to push the buttons.  

If there is a door handle and I am wearing a long sleeve shirt, I am frowned at if I could not cover my hand with the cuff of my shirt so that my shirt is the only thing that comes into contact with the door handle.  

Oh, and I just know everyone uses their hip to open the push bar doors.  

I am more conscious of these things than DW and I use my height to push doors open from the top, where normies never touch them.

Both touchless door buttons at the pool deck worked just a few weeks ago

• Like 2

That the top suites on Divina class ships will no longer be called Royal Suites because they are too small compared to the Royal Suites in the rest of the fleet. The Royal Red suite will be called something different like Diamond or Diamond Plus. Or just Deluxe 

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1