Rhapsody cruise(s) cancelled?

ajtaylor29

14 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Rhapsody has a total pax capacity of 2416 and a crew complement of 765, for a total of 3181 total souls onboard.  Ships must carry 125% of the total souls number as life saving appliance capacity, so this would be 3976.  Take away one 150 person lifeboat, that means they have capacity for 3826, or more than the ship's capacity.  But, the problem comes with the fact that 75% of the capacity must be in lifeboats, so based on 150 man lifeboats, they have a lifeboat capacity of 2400, which works out to be exactly 75%.  Take away one lifeboat, and you drop the lifeboat capacity to 2250, which is 75% of 3000.  Take away the crew, and you are left with a passenger capacity of 2235, which is 237 over the double occupancy capacity, but short of the 2416 maximum capacity.  So, while the ship still has life saving capacity for 3826, she can only carry 3000 due to the percentage of capacity being in lifeboats.

Rafts, while primarily designated for crew, can be used for passengers, and are on many ships, via the MES systems (Marine Evacuation Systems) that use multiple rafts and a chute to get into the rafts.

image.gif.b860e9c2b94ac30325f09623363b4ba8.gif

• Haha 6

So angry that royal didn't bother to email me that my cruise was cancelled.  I wouldn't have flown to San Jan spending over $800 for the airfare as well as over $300 for the hotel.  Not to mention cab a day Uber expenses. I called and was told $200 each.  Had I been advised by RC I could have canceled my flights and hotel.  Shame on Royal!!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, lnnannbnn said:

So angry that royal didn't bother to email me that my cruise was cancelled.  I wouldn't have flown to San Jan spending over $800 for the airfare as well as over $300 for the hotel.  Not to mention cab a day Uber expenses. I called and was told $200 each.  Had I been advised by RC I could have canceled my flights and hotel.  Shame on Royal!!  

I would e mail the executive offices (mbayley@rccl.com) and politely explain the situation and ask why you never received an e mail that could have saved you a lot of expenses and time  and if there is anything they can do to compensate you for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lnnannbnn said:

They emailed everyone who was affected. Were you checking your email? Or did you book through a TA and the TA didn't contact you?

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

They emailed everyone who was affected. Were you checking your email? Or did you book through a TA and the TA didn't contact you?

Not only did I not get the email....I continued to get text messages all day yesterday regarding boarding.  I always book direct with RC.I messaged Michael Bayley regarding this.  He said a team member would look into this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lnnannbnn said:

Not only did I not get the email....I continued to get text messages all day yesterday regarding boarding.  I always book direct with RC.I messaged Michael Bayley regarding this.  He said a team member would look into this.

Thanks for sharing this.  I'm sorry about your experience.  I hope the gang at Royal make it up to you somehow.  If you feel us worthy, could you please update us about what happens?  Thank you!