Number of meals you can reserve on a 16 day cruise on splendor.

Kojak68

Regent will feed you throughout your cruise, with no reservations required for breakfast or lunch.
Also no reservations required for dinner in Compass Rose or Sette Mari.

Guests may pre-book on-line one dinner reservation in each Speciality restaurant prior to sailing, then subsequent reservations may be made on board, space dependent. On Splendor there are 3 Speciality restaurants requiring reservation.

• Like 3

You can book a new reservation for a specific restaurant once the previous reservation for that restaurant has been used.  You can also try for a same day reservation even with a pending reservation in the future.  Your odds go way up if your time is flexible and/or you are willing to share a table.

• Like 1

On board Splendor for 19 night cruise. Booked our first three specialty reservations before boarding. Have rebooked each restaurant on board. Also had an additional night (7 total) when Compass Rose asked us if we wanted to eat in Chartreuse on a busy night. Key is being willing to share a table, which we are. 
Could have had more, if we wanted. Food in CR has been uniformly good.
Sette Mari available without reservation every night 

15 hours ago, Kojak68 said:

Thank you for the quick reply. I was unsure if you could book again once the first three were reserved.

You can only book 1 reservation per specialty restaurant (Sette Mari is first come first serve only) per segment.  So if you have a 16 night cruise you get one pre-cruise reservation per the 3 specialty restaurants.  As others have said, you can always book more on board as well as walk up and see if there happens to be availability.  If you are willing to share a table it's even easier to get more reservations. And the first night of the cruise, it's very likely you can get in.  People tend to go to Compass Rose on night one.  On both our last 2 cruises, Grandeur in Jan. and Explorer in Feb. we had no problem going to Pacific Rim on the first night.  In fact on Grandeur, when checking in for Compass Rose, the Maitre D' actually asked if we would like to go to either Pacific Rim or Prime 7 as there was no wait.  So we "beat feet" up to Pacific Rim and go seated immediately.  So consider that possibility too.  But go to the Restaurant Reservations desk when you board and see what they still have available. 

18 hours ago, Portolan said:

You can book a new reservation for a specific restaurant once the previous reservation for that restaurant has been used.  You can also try for a same day reservation even with a pending reservation in the future.  Your odds go way up if your time is flexible and/or you are willing to share a table.

This is a wrinkle I did not appreciate.  So, for example, we book Prime 7 precruise for the fourth night of the cruise.  We can't go to the rez desk on boarding and try to get another Prime 7 rez for day two, but we could see if they have availability for that same evening.  Do I have this right?

10 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

This is a wrinkle I did not appreciate.  So, for example, we book Prime 7 precruise for the fourth night of the cruise.  We can't go to the rez desk on boarding and try to get another Prime 7 rez for day two, but we could see if they have availability for that same evening.  Do I have this right?

Yes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenzSailing said:

For clarification in that specific example it may be true but if KenzSailing said day 5 or 6 instead of day 4 for Prime 7, it would not be true. You don't have to use your first reservation to a speciality restaurant before getting another one.  i generally book all my speciality reservations for later in the cruise.

We just got off Grandeur about a week ago. For the first 3 days of the cruise the reservation desk was only allowing you to book for the same day if you had prebooked all 3 of your speciality restaurant reservations in order to allow those that didn't get all or any of their reservations pre cruise to book first. However as soon as the 3 days was up I was able to book numerous other reservations regardless of whether i had been to that restaurant or not.   We visited Pacific Rim twice before our pre-booked reservation came up. 

• Like 1

Just now, 1982CruzStart said:

For clarification in that specific example it may be true but if KenzSailing said day 5 or 6 instead of day 4 for Prime 7, it would not be true. You don't have to use your first reservation to a speciality restaurant before getting another one.  i generally book all my speciality reservations for later in the cruise.

We just got off Grandeur about a week ago. For the first 3 days of the cruise the reservation desk was only allowing you to book for the same day if you had prebooked all 3 of your speciality restaurant reservations in order to allow those that didn't get all or any of their reservations pre cruise to book first. However as soon as the 3 days was up I was able to book numerous other reservations regardless of whether i had been to that restaurant or not.   We visited Pacific Rim twice before our pre-booked reservation came up. 

Well, that's certainly a change since what I stated has been true for our previous cruises.  It seems like this would allow someone to book a specialty reservation for every night of the cruise as early as the 4th night?  That would potentially lock up access for many on-board.  Not a good move from my perspective.  Regent has always been very egalitarian in terms of providing equal access for all regardless of their booking category except for a few very high-end suites.

2 minutes ago, Portolan said:

Well, that's certainly a change since what I stated has been true for our previous cruises.  It seems like this would allow someone to book a specialty reservation for every night of the cruise as early as the 4th night?  That would potentially lock up access for many on-board.  Not a good move from my perspective.  Regent has always been very egalitarian in terms of providing equal access for all regardless of their booking category except for a few very high-end suites.

I didn't mean to suggest that they would allow you to book alot of reservations at once.  I did book more reservations after day 3  but i didn't do it in one go. I am sure that there would be restrictions to being able to book a speciality everyday if you are not in one of the named suites that has this privilege. 

My point was that you don't have to use your pre-booked reservation before you booked more of them and that you don't have to wait until the same day to book those extra reservations. 

Just off Mariner for a five segment cruise and my experience was just as 1982CruzStart reported.   You have to wait until third day before you can book extra bookings and then it was a free for all.  They have to keep some bookings for larger suites but otherwise fair game.  We never book shared tables but we were able to get into Prime 7 multiple times; especially if we took a 6:30 booking.

Marc

PS This is one of the tidbits of information that I had wished would never get posted.

• Like 2

Shhhhh.  Don't tell everyone of our experience.  We had a completely different experience than the last few posts regarding specialty restaurants while on an 18-night on Splendor starting this past July 25.  Were concerned we would be limited, as we previously had mixed impressions of Compass Rose on Explorer the year before in Alaska. 

Pre-booked our reservations for the second night in Pacific Rim, and then Prime 7 around the fifth night, and then Chartreuse on night ten (for the wife's birthday).  Boarded and went straight to the reservation office.  Asked about that night.  Got Prime 7 that first night without any issue (and while a reservation was pending for several days later).  Day two ate in Pacific Rim as originally reserved.  Morning of day 3, went first thing to reservatIon desk - got Chartreuse for that night (agreed to share a table) - again with another night booked for that restaurant.  Got into Pacific Rim on day 4 (shared table).    Without boring you regarding specialty restaurant reservations,  on 12 nights of the cruise we literally ate in specialty restaurants with just the three pre-reserved.    All together we ate in Chartruese five times, Pacific Rim four times, Prime 7, three times,  Setti Mari, three times, and Compass Rose, three times,   Shared tables several of those nights and met some interesting people.   And unlike prior experience, Compass Rose was fantastic.  One Pacific Rim dinner was a last minute stop at reception on way to Compass Rose from the room (have to walk right by it when getting off the Aft elevator on the fifth deck) and just asked if they had room - told to come at 8:00 pm and had a solo table. 

So on a longer cruise, while my persistence may have been somewhat lucky, and availability not the norm, there is no doubt additional reservations are likely.  Don't tell everyone or that won't be the case if everyone does the same.

20 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Just to add... it never hurts to go and ask.  All they can say is "no."  And, it never hurts to go to a Specialty Restaurant and ask if there's any availability.  Again...all they can do is say "no."  

• Like 1