New Princess Money Grabber Water Package Now $24.00

hpeabody

On 9/17/2024 at 3:27 PM, tothemall&beyond said:

It means no BOTTLES. Of any type. Period. If you can find water boxes or water cans, that's OK. At least for now. The only bottles that are allowed at embarkation are one 750 ml bottle of wine pp.

Don’t you find it interesting that you can’t bring it on in plastic bottles, but that is how they sell it. 

1 hour ago, Seacruise said:

To me it is a 300% increase that isn't needed or wanted.

Just a point of clarification.  Percent increase is the difference divided by the original amount then multiplied by 100. In this case [($24-$7)/7]*100=243%.  Please pardon my slight rounding error.  

I am a retired math professor and poor math is one of my pet peeves. No offense intended. This is why I’m not too popular at parties lol. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TRLD said:

All in how one takes it. I consider myself to be a penny pincher. Its why I was able to retire at age 55, spend 1/3 to 1/2 of the year traveling the world on cruises and staying in very nice properties as i do so. Currently in the Intercontinental next to Parklane in London as I type this. I take advantage of any opportunity to get the best value in what i purchase.  Quite willing to save over $1000 per 14 day cruise on Princess from various OBC (usually around $700) and Elite benefits (around $450). Our out of pocket on board spend, never anywhere close to what a package would add to the cost of our cruises. Certainly not in the targeted marketing audience of any cruise line these days.

Do find the angst over relatively minor changes in pricing, such as this change in the water package  to be rather comical though.

It is also in how the poster MEANT it.

I too practice much of what you do.  I have flown Air Canada lie flat suites to Europe 1-2 times a year for the last decade using only my aeroplan miles.  It’s called Smart, not belittling those who are of a different mind. Glad to have a choice and I do understand the discussion over the water increase from under $10 to $32 CAD.

I recall a similar discussion on here several years ago over this topic.  Price went back down, I recall.

6 minutes ago, dog said:

It is also in how the poster MEANT it.

I too practice much of what you do.  I have flown Air Canada lie flat suites to Europe 1-2 times a year for the last decade using only my aeroplan miles.  It’s called Smart, not belittling those who are of a different mind. Glad to have a choice and I do understand the discussion over the water increase from under $10 to $32 CAD.

I recall a similar discussion on here several years ago over this topic.  Price went back down, I recall.

Doubt it does this time. 

Lots of angst little impact on actual.cost of cruise, work arounds exist.

1 hour ago, TRLD said:

Doubt it does this time. 

Lots of angst little impact on actual.cost of cruise, work arounds exist.

So true. Refill, less impact on environment too.

The water on the ship is perfectly good.  Also totally free.  Finally if you don't want to bring a refillable bottle w you can buy one bottle of water on board and refill it.  I find it difficult to sympathize with the people who complain about the cost of water on board the ship.

DON

12 hours ago, dog said:

If Princess doesn’t want us standard fare penny pinchers, like the Mouse suggests, then they will go to all inclusive only. Meaning no standard. No Plus.

But how else would they bate the hook?

6 hours ago, SCX22 said:

IMO, Princess sees VV as direct competition.

Passenger that sail VV are a totally different crowd from those on Princess. 

10 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Consider this: if you are a standard fare guest, what is better now than pre pandemic?

Plus or Premier bundles are the future. Pre bundle, we'd get the drink package, and it was more than our fare. The bundle options are much better today. IMO they should just raise fares to Plus for all, and be done with it. You can have the option to go with Premier for extra money. 

We're standard fare guests, and pre-pandemic was much better.  Internet was free even if it was limited to minutes, we could trade our unused minibar for a coffee package, Alfredos was free... I'm sure there's more but that's what immediately comes to mind.   

I have no interest in subsidizing anyone's alcohol consumption by having to pay for a package that I will not use.  Of the plus package, the only things we would get benefit from are the tips and internet.  Paying for those ourselves costs about half the package price.  If Princess would offer a decently-priced package that included those things and maybe a non-alcohol option, we'd take a look at it.