Question Regarding Aquamarine Veranda Suites on Serenity

Syd58

We’re looking at a cruise on Serenity, but want to book a suite that was refurbished in 2023. Does anyone know which aquamarine veranda suites were refurbished in 2023 or if not, how I might find out?  Thanks.

Edited by Syd58

• Syd58 changed the title to Question Regarding Aquamarine Veranda Suites on Serenity

This link will take you to the area of the Crystal Website where you see the deck plan for Serenity.

https://www.crystalcruises.com/ship/serenity

Click on each deck,

Then with the diagram you can see which ones are Aquamarine and them place the computer curser over them or click on them to see what year they were refurbished.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also I believe the only Aquamarine's refurbished on Serenity are the two on Deck 9.

Personally I love the classic ones on Serenity which you can find on Decks 10 and 11.  I like the storage and the layout such as two desks.

Keith

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Very easy.

If you look at the deck plan and are using a computer just put your curser over each room and it will show you the date they were refurbished. On smart devices just click on each room.

Keith 

Thanks so much!

Totally agree with Keith about the Classic Aquamarine suites on Serenity. They offer a beautiful, but not ultra modern decor, as well as tons of storage and two very useful desk/vanity areas each with its own chair. The bath offers a tub as well as separate walk-in shower with no overhead “rain  shower”.  Definitely our preference but perhaps not for everyone.

• Like 7

One "problem" I found with the 2018 Aquamarine on Serenity was that the bed is modern and is open underneath, no bed skirt. As someone who is used to putting luggage under the bed, my OCD would not allow it under those circumstances! 😮 Since I was a solo in the cabin, there was enough room in the closet for my luggage. Your butler would also take it away to store it. I agree that the originals on Serenity is best for storage.

Patty

• Like 7

We are currently in a “Classic” A suite and really love it. Fabulous storage and 2 desks. Only negative is no power plugs on the side of the bed. The refurbished suites look great but I will probably choose the classic again on my next cruise.

• Like 7

On 9/18/2024 at 9:04 AM, Texas Tillie said:

One "problem" I found with the 2018 Aquamarine on Serenity was that the bed is modern and is open underneath, no bed skirt. As someone who is used to putting luggage under the bed, my OCD would not allow it under those circumstances! 😮 Since I was a solo in the cabin, there was enough room in the closet for my luggage. Your butler would also take it away to store it. I agree that the originals on Serenity is best for storage.

Patty

This wouldn’t bother us,  We prefer the more modern look of the Aquamarine.

• Like 1

We loved our updated Aquamarine suite on Symphony, but when we tried to book one on Serenity for our 2025 cruise, we realized that none of the updated Aquamarines are mid-ship, so we booked a classic Aquamarine. 

Edited by Cruisemonty
typo

We are currently in a classic Aquamarine on Serenity and love it. On the first sea day of this cruise, they did an “open house” where you could visit various different stateroom categories.  We love the look of the modern Aquamarine and Sapphire suites but for us, the layout wasn’t quite as good. (Especially the modern  Aquamarine which feels quite a bit smaller). I also banged my leg on the bed frame of both the modern Sapphire and Modern Aquamarine suites — something I haven’t done once in our classic room.  I think there might be something in the design that makes the bed frame protrude out?  (Or maybe I’m just clumsy). The renovated rooms do look stunning but the classic wins out for us. 

• Like 3