The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday September 19th, 2024

StLouisCruisers

Today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day, Meow Like a Pirate Day, and National Butterscotch Pudding Day

When I eventually met Mr. Right I had no idea that his first name was Always. - Rita Rudner

Meal Suggestion for today - Salmon Pasta Salad
Drink of the Day - Greyhound
Wine of the Day - Franzia Chardonnay White Wine
Destination of the Day - Valdez, Alaska

Today in History:
1893 New Zealand becomes the first country to grant all women the right to vote

Ship Locations

Eurodam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Explorer

Ketchikan, Alaska   0630-1300

Koningsdam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage

Ketchikan, Alaska   1100-1900

Nieuw Amsterdam --- 7 days, one-way from Whittier to Vancouver

Juneau, Alaska   0800-1700

Nieuw Statendam --- 14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Civitavecchia-Rome

Barcelona, Spain    0800-2300

Noordam --- 14 days, round-trip Great Alaska Explorer

Anchorage, Alaska   overnight, departing 1700

Oosterdam --- 11 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain   0700-1600

Rotterdam --- 7 days, round-trip Viking Sagas

Skjolden, Norway   0800-1500

Volendam --- 10 days, one-way from Boston to Montreal

Saguenay, Quebec   0800-1800

Zaandam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage

At Sea Destination Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm/Juneau eta 09-20

Zuiderdam --- 7 days, one-way from Quebec City to Boston

Halifax, Nova Scotia   0800-1600

Eastern Hemisphere

Westerdam --- 53 days, round-trip Majestic Japan

Yokohama, Japan    0800 overnight

image.thumb.png.358e58094353af827a778efd20094835.png

image.thumb.png.121bb0d67f6457f8974e5972f94bd189.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 23

Good morning friends!  Today we expect a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 84. It’s currently 62F.  Nothing on the agenda today except stitching again.  The dental visits yesterday went great. 

Thanks again Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily info for today.  A big day for all pirate fans! 🏴‍☠️ Arrgghh!  My Dad was a fan of butterscotch pudding so it holds a special place in my heart.  I don't eat a lot of salmon, so will skip the meal and also the cocktail.  Even though I usually don't drink Chardonnay I wouldn't turn it down if it were the only choice of white wine.  And congrats to the New Zealanders for being ahead of their time and being fair to the women of their country. 👍 What would we do without Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for their wonderful F&B reports?♥️

Prayers for Roy, Chuck and Annie, Tana and Terry, Vanessa, Ann and Pat, Nancy’s DB Nick, Melisa and her DH, Jacqui, Elizabeth, Dixie, Terry and Jim, and Carol and Sam.  Bruno @atexsix did you get your ultrasound results back?  Special prayers for my DB, all the people in Israel and Ukraine, the last of the hostages still held, and our brave men and women of our military in the region. 🙏 Hurray for everyone celebrating special events, cruising and preparing to cruise. 🎉🚢  🥂 And thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the Care and Celebration lists again.  So glad to hear the leg is somewhat improved. 🤗

The port today is Valdez, Alaska.  This was the port before on May 30, 2023.  I have not yet visited there but it is on the itinerary on my 28 day Alaska Solstice cruise next summer.  Here’s the link for your convenience.

I hope all of you are going to have a wonderful day.  Please try to stay safe and keep well!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 12

Today’s Care List:

StLouisCruisers with a health issue, upcoming biopsy

JazzyV battling leg swelling and pain

Ottahand7’s DB post 2nd TKR, in rehab

Rafinmd (Roy) in rehab

Heat, Fires and Storms across the US. Those in the path of Francine.

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

Luvteaching’s stuck hip flexor muscle, slow improvement

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Anniversary Mamaofami (Carol & Sam)!

Seasick Sailor’s DSis Bonnie w/breast cancer, lymph nodes neg 2nd surgery

Denise T’s dissertation draft not needing editing so far

Kazu moved into new home; house sold

Aliaschief and family in Hawaii

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

Tbay (Volendam to Sept 21) 11 Night Newfoundland & New England Discovery, celebrating 50th Anniversary, St Pete Cruiser (Serenade of the Seas to Sept 22) 4d Caribbean,  Lindaler (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan, Richwmn (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan, Seasick Sailor (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan – celebrating her birthday and their 33rd wedding anniversary, USN59-79 (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan and Gail & Marty sailing away (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 26

Greyhound cocktail:

Refreshingly tart and quick to make, the beauty of the greyhound cocktail lies in its simplicity. The popular mixed drink requires nothing more than vodka or gin and grapefruit juice. While it doesn't appear on many bar menus, the greyhound is one that all bartenders know and a classic that everyone should try
Ingredients:
2 oz. vodka, or gin
4 oz. Grapefruit juice
Lemon or Lime wedge for garnish
Directions:
Pour the vodka and grapefruit juice into a collins glass filled with ice cubes.
Stir well
Garnish with a lemon or lime wedge. Serve and enjoy.

Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 6.15.21 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 17

Ahoy  Matey.  Thanks for the Report.

It's quite cool this morning.  It's still dark but we have a fog advisory, I can't see it yet.  It's supposed to warm up to a sunny 27C (81F) this afternoon.

Fun days to celebrate.

Amusing quote from a funny lady.

The meal sounds interesting, I'll try the drink and I'm sure the wine will be good.

Prayers for many.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Sandi, Vanessa, Dixie, Ann and Debbie. And Rich!  
Supposed to be partly cloudy in north NJ today. Our kayaking day with DGD and her DH got slipped out to Monday. I hope the weather stays decent. 

Rita Rudner was a very funny, I haven’t run across her in a long time. 

Wishing Carol @mamaofamiand Sam a quiet day reflecting on happiness in their life together. 

Blessings on all the Dailyites’ needs, the Care list, all our family and friends, our country and yours and all the war zones. Wishing Jacqui and Vanessa and Chuck and Terri and Tana and Sam and Nick and anyone who’s been in pain, a day without pain. And those waiting on procedures I hope can have a quiet day to enjoy the love around them. 

A good day for those celebrating and cruising! 
Thanks John @Copper10-8 for all the interesting posts and pictures yesterday!  Glad you and your child bride enjoyed the Columbia! 

Last evening I was able to connect by phone with my old church group in Maryland to spend an hour with them- it’s very grounding to connect, like we connect here!  Thank you all for being here! 

If you had a tough day yesterday, I hope today is better.  If you have a tough day today, I hope tomorrow is better. Nothing stays the same forever. Maureen 

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s FR&D, Sandi - for Rich! Yesterday was a lovely day until late afternoon when severe T-storms moved in. We even had a tornado warning in the evening. And of course. - more rain. 

Vanessa, praying the pain & swelling go away - soon. Do the MDs have any idea what is causing them? Are they left over from the Cellulitis flair up?

Thank you for not missing any of our happenings, no matter what life throws your way. 

Just a normal Thursday for me. Gym, Bindi walks, chores - I have quite a donation put together, so I think it is time to box it up and take it. 

IMG_3450.jpeg.ef91daeb6c23fb37fa648a771dd7f423.jpeg

IMG_3449.jpeg.221db86d41feb5af2b9808bd5e7efa05.jpeg

IMG_3446.jpeg.ca64f2645ed4ecdd59e954014e6ad9cc.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Praying for Tana, Terry, Melisa & DH, Nancy’s DB - Nick, Chuck & Annie, Pat & Ann, Sam, Bonnie, Sandi, Dixie, Roy, Jacqui, Terri & Jim and all our caregivers. Praying @Nickelpenny is well. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! @mamaofami Happy Anniversary Carol & Sam!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Franzia Chardonnay White Wine

This box contains 20 glasses of wine! Perfect for a big group gathering! You can find it almost anywhere and it is priced to use for cooking or just sipping on a hot, humid day. Online prices start at $12.99.

Distributor notes

An excellent, dry California white wine with apple and pear flavors. A crisp wine with a clean finish. Semi-dry and medium bodied. Serve chilled. Compliments chicken, simple pastas and seafood.

• COUNTRY
    United States
  • REGION
    Central Valley
  • BRAND
    Franzia
  • TYPE
    Single Varietal
  • VARIETAL
    Chardonnay
  • ABV
    12.5%
  • TASTING NOTES
    Medium Body, Semi Dry
  • FOOD PAIRING
    Shellfish, Poultry, White Sauce Pasta
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 15
  • Haha 4

Happy Thursday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Sunny and warm today. Checked in for my cruise and printed all boarding documents and luggage tags. 20 days to go. I will probably begin the packing process after by nephew's wedding on Saturday. This is the hard part for me. I tend to overpack and I will be away for almost 2 weeks. The cruise is 10 days, and we will be in a few days before and after the cruise. Keeping an eye on the weather as well. This should be an interesting challenge. 

Happy Anniversary to @mamaofami!

happy anniversary cats - Google Search Work Anniversary Quotes, Happy ...

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Still Waiting for Friday - Happy Thursday

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Great day for all you budding pirates.  I’ll celebrate with a dish of butterscotch pudding.  We have friends staying with us and will all attend the matinee of the play Little Shop of Horrors at the Ogunquit Playhouse this afternoon.  

A funny quote by Ms. Poundstone today.

The meal sounds ok.  I’ve had the drink before and it’s refreshing, perfect for sipping poolside.  

I haven’t been to Valdez.

Prayers for those on our prayer list today.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events.  Happy anniversary to @mamaofami and her DH.  Have a nice Thursday everyone!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

We're looking at another beautiful day here in mid-Michigan with lots of sunshine and temps in the mid 80s.  We will be heading north this morning for my dental appointment.  We'll see if the crown can be reseated or if I have to buy a new one.  That other dentist wouldn't even look at it.  

Today's meal sounds tasty to me.  It is one that you can really make your own.  Salmon Pasta Salad

salmonpastasalad1.thumb.jpg.313d138280bb0289aab03a87c8452cff.jpg

There is salmon in there, I  promise!   You can use canned or fresh salmon for the recipe.  

This next recipe calls for salmon in a pouch which should make it easy.  The dressing is a bit different.  Mediterranean Salmon Pasta Salad

salmonpastasalad2.jpg.216cc935d7ffd1fd7991d8a785cabc53.jpg

I would like the kalamata olives in this one.  Salmon Pasta Salad

salmonpastasalad3.thumb.jpg.dc45fd0887e80b974f4ec6c349206f2b.jpg

@mamaofami

Anniversary.jpg.c54f36ee73dd34a68e8fabc1c5cc42ec.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 10

Good Thursday morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily Sandi and Rich.   Three fun days, I enjoy butterscotch pudding but a very rare treat.  I'll pass on the salmon and the wine though today's cocktail looks good!  Thanks for researching these for us each day.  I haven't been to Valdez and a fun quote from Rita Rudner.  

Vanessa continued prayers that your leg continues to heal.  Thanks for keeping the cares and celebrations reports for us during all of your trials.   Prayers for Tana and Terry, Chuck and Annie, Terri and Jim, Sandi's DB, Bonnie, Sandi, Roy, Melissa, Pat and everyone else who are ailing or grieving.  Prayers for all in war zones.  

We got the quote for the AC, ouch.  Hopefully they can get it in soon, in about two days it will be unnecessary.  We have only gotten .26 of rain.  Maybe some measurable rain on Monday.  They are having the same weather at the cabin.  It would be nice to stay there longer but the catch up list is so long I am glad we returned when we did.  I was doing the math in my head this morning, four months at the cabin, 75 days away on BHB with travel next year we are away from the home more than we are here.  I get to spend the best times of the year here.  Have a lovely day! 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 4

Good Thursday Morning Dailyites!  Sunny outside, well it will be once the sun rises over the hill.  So lets just say clear for now. 

We did not make it for a walk yesterday, we ended up taking Quiffy back to the vets.  Her surgery area was very hard, and while she had been licking the stitches, she had an infection, so they gave her a shot of antibiotics, put her cone back on, and said "see you in a week".

This morning I walk the dog.  I have a dentist appointment this morning (he will yell) (I lost another filling) go to my most favorite lunch spot, and if DH is doing well, we will stop at the police station and file that claim for fraud. And then go to work. And pay bills.  My least favorite job.

Three days have gone by and still no info from Carnival.  As my friend Penny says, Customer Service is dead.

I hope you are all going to have a great day, if even just filled with simple joys.

We were in Valdez last May.  It was the first day of my not feeling well, our excursion had been cancelled because there was still 120 feet of snow on the roads to get where we were going, so we took the bus to town and wandered a bit, but  the best part of the day was watching an air show from the ship.  No matter where you looked, you had a beautiful view.  Here are some of my pictures.

Sailing into port

image.thumb.jpeg.4455c57193d4f3210f322c1c2ef8244e.jpeg

DH checking out a carved statue outside the small museum in town

image.thumb.jpeg.32395ccf312b28371d5d698a8f272200.jpeg

\

DH and our BFF enjoying the warmth of the sun

image.thumb.jpeg.e39d6d63fcccfce51059db28df698478.jpeg

Something I wasnt expecting to see on the sea

image.thumb.jpeg.9b773f4465a2f81eb8d079d8662f57c7.jpeg

Views from the ship

image.thumb.jpeg.9c080207520c9155de50f408c972c560.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bf432206ac684d1a12c20b09bc00390a.jpeg