Should we give NCL our “two cents”? (A little humor)

ggTexasGal

We have an upcoming cruise booked with Final Payment “due.”

However, we made our “Final Payment” yesterday and received a zero-balance invoice from NCL shortly after making that payment.

(Our credit card shows the correct amount owed to NCL has been charged.)

Later in the day, hubby submitted the form for NCL Shareholder’s OBC, which NCL quickly processed.  NCL provided a new invoice with the NCL OBC, so we were happy… until today!

Lo and behold, today we somehow owe NCL 2 cents…  Go figure!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, ggTexasGal said:

We have an upcoming cruise booked with Final Payment “due.”

However, we made our “Final Payment” yesterday and received a zero-balance invoice from NCL shortly after making that payment.

(Our credit card shows the correct amount owed to NCL has been charged.)

Later in the day, hubby submitted the form for NCL Shareholder’s OBC, which NCL quickly processed.  NCL provided a new invoice with the NCL OBC, so we were happy… until today!

Lo and behold, today we somehow owe NCL 2 cents…  Go figure!!! 

Definitely give them your two cents worth!!!  🤣

• Haha 3

In all seriousness, I wouldn't let that $0.02 remain unpaid or unresolved past the final payment date.  I'd hate to see your cruise get cancelled out from underneath you.  Computers may not know the difference between $0.02 and $2000.00.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't let that $0.02 remain unpaid or unresolved past the final payment date.  I'd hate to see your cruise get cancelled out from underneath you.  Computers may not know the difference between $0.02 and $2000.00.

I completely agree!  We did pay the $.02 (on a different credit card) just to be certain.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

We have received a "Paid in Full" invoice.  It's still a mystery as to how we owed an additional two cents.  Which, I think puts a whole new spin on "Nickle and Dime!"

Shouldn't be a mystery at all. The invoice contains the amounts charged and the amounts paid. Do the math and run the numbers...you'll see where it doesn't add up. Remember, numbers don't lie.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

We have received a "Paid in Full" invoice.  It's still a mystery as to how we owed an additional two cents.  Which, I think puts a whole new spin on "Nickle and Dime!"

NCL possibly rounding up past nickels & dimes and rather not deal with pennies.  Pretty soon, it might be half and full dollars only. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Capitan Obvious said:

Shouldn't be a mystery at all. The invoice contains the amounts charged and the amounts paid. Do the math and run the numbers...you'll see where it doesn't add up. Remember, numbers don't lie.

We definitely paid the "Balance Due" amount yesterday morning and then received an appropriate invoice showing it was PAID IN FULL.

The problem occurred after the Share Holders' OBC was added to our account ... and then the account "regenerated overnight."

• Like 1

Well not a cruise balance but I had a hospital stay last January. 

After the insurance payments and me paying the leftover balance. The hospital keeps sending me a bill for 6 cents! So far they have mailed me an invoice 5 times. So far they have spent $2.40 in postage alone. After numerous calls to them they still keep billing me even though the billing dept told me to ignore it and they will make it go away......not. Waiting for a collection company to call.

6 cents on a total bill of $158,000.00

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This happened to me back in January, before my Pride of America cruise. I called in, because there was NO way I was going to arrive to the port to find out that they cancelled it. It was a weird glitch in the pre-paid DSC. It also stumped the NCL phone rep, who decided to adjust my husband's cruise fare by 2 cents, since neither the website nor the NCL system would let me pay the 2 cents with a credit card or ACH.

So all was well, we went on the cruise, came home. 

4 weeks later, there was a refund of 2 cents on my credit card from NCL for overpayment on the pre-paid DSC. Go figure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2