Muster drill and video

lorri111

11 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

How long is the muster drill video and do you have to watch it in your cabin, and by what time? Does it matter if you watch it first or sign in at muster station first?

You can do the tasks in any order. If you know your muster station you can check in and then watch the video. Most people don’t know their station so go to their cabin   You cannot just go to any station. You can run the video on your mobile device or on your TV. Until you have watched it your TV will not let you watch other stations. It takes maybe 15 minutes. If you are in your cabin your medallion must be there as well. You need to do this prior to sailing 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, memoak said:

You can do the tasks in any order. If you know your muster station you can check in and then watch the video. Most people don’t know their station so go to their cabin   You cannot just go to any station. You can run the video on your mobile device or on your TV. Until you have watched it your TV will not let you watch other stations. It takes maybe 15 minutes. If you are in your cabin your medallion must be there as well. You need to do this prior to sailing 

How would you find out in advance what your security station was so you don't have to go to cabin first?

2 minutes ago, VibeGuy said:

It’s on the app.  And if you’ve been on that class of ship before it’s pretty clear where to go. 

Mine is showing Crooners (we are on Diamond), is that likely to change between now and cruise (5 days)? And are muster stations open as soon as boarding starts? Have to say Crooners is a good option as I can get some drinks to take back to cabin!

Edited by lorri111
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

How would you find out in advance what your security station was so you don't have to go to cabin first?

Depends on ship but for the most part you embark on deck 7 where stations are. Envision the ship and figure vertically from you cabin to deck 7. That will probably be your station

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lorri111 said:

Mine is showing Crooners (we are on Diamond), is that likely to change between now and cruise (5 days)? And are muster stations open as soon as boarding starts? Have to say Crooners is a good option as I can get some drinks to take back to cabin!

If your cabin doesn’t change, your Muster won’t change.  

When we mustered in the old days, I was expert at getting a long refreshing beverage before the bars shut down for the drill.  I’m not going to sit there stone cold sober. 

• Thanks 1

Our ritual is to go to our cabin as soon as it is available, pop open a cold beer from our mini bar, watch the video while we unpack and then go to the muster station to check in. 

If the cabin isn't available right at boarding, we will have lunch and then do the above.

We find it very relaxing to get all the "work" done first and then enjoy the rest of the voyage. The last thing we want to do is unpack after the sail away or dinner!

Happy cruising!

16 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

I don’t know that you can trust the app prior to boarding. It does show a muster station, but mine changed after I boarded. It may just be a placeholder.

I agree in August 1 week before sailing everyone showed the same location. I still say imagine where your cabin is and drop down to deck 7 and that is probably your muster station. Our last 4 cruises we were extreme aft and the aft lounge was our station

Has anyone gotten credit for watching the video in a friends cabin?  I made my grandkids watch with their parents rather than in my cabin and risk having to do it over. But it would make sense that they got credit for watching wherever their medallions were.