Perks you get with a suite

bobk57

2 minutes ago, bobk57 said:

We have booked a full suite on the Sun Princess, departing October 19th from Ft Lauderdale.  What perks do you get when you book a suite?

I don’t know about the Sun but on other ships we get (and this is not a complete list). Free one time mini bar, free specialty dinner on  night, free one day laundry service, 2 bottles of water each day delivered to your cabin, Suite breakfast each morning in a specialty restaurant and your MDR will be in an restaurant just for certain class of cabins. There will be a concierge lounge for suites with coffee, snacks and drinks at certain times plus the concierge can help you with reservations in various restaurants etc. These are some of the things we use on Royal class ships and most apply on Grand class

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2024 at 10:10 AM, LACruiser88 said:

Below is a link to the Princess website re: Suite amenities...

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/ships/staterooms/suites

@bobk57, This may not be a complete list of benefits for a full suite.  On the Princess FAQ page, at least two benefits are listed which are not listed on the amenities page given here by @LACruiser88.  They are 1) Complimentary laundry service and 2) Complimentary access to the Lotus Spa Thermal Suite. 

I have been trying to confirm both the laundry and spa benefits in various ways, but am dreading having to call Princess to ask.  For one thing, I won't necessarily believe them because I don't think they always have the correct answer!  What I would like is a contract someplace with all the benefits listed, but haven't been able to find anything that does this.

If you or anyone else can point to someplace credible to find the answer, please let me know.  Or, if on your cruise you find out the answer, maybe you wouldn't mind updating here on these two subjects.

(FAQ pages links below)

https://www.princess.com/en-us/faq/onboard-experience
https://www.princess.com/learn/faq/onboard/onboard-experience/

The sections you're looking for here are "Stateroom Services" and "Laundry Services"

Edited by dezaad

Full suite passengers receive laundry service which I believe is 24 hour.

https://origin-www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

What kind of spa services are you referencing? If you are thinking about the Thermal Suite that is available to full suite passengers on specific ships, basically the older Grand Class and Coral Class ships, not the Royal Class and new Sun Class. If you are on the Sun Princess it has the sanctuary collection cabins with special amenities.

If you are thinking about spa fitness class they are attached to the plus and premier fares and not to the cabin.  

16 minutes ago, skynight said:

What kind of spa services are you referencing? If you are thinking about the Thermal Suite that is available to full suite passengers on specific ships, basically the older Grand Class and Coral Class ships, not the Royal Class and new Sun Class. If you are on the Sun Princess it has the sanctuary collection cabins with special amenities.

If you are thinking about spa fitness class they are attached to the plus and premier fares and not to the cabin.  

You're right.  I misread the thermal spa section of the stateroom FAQ.  It specifically says 'excluding... etc etc'.  Thanks for getting me to go back and re-read more carefully.

Edited by dezaad

The laundry benefit is priority so it goes before elites. It is usually one day but it depends on when it is picked up   Your steward generally is at your suite morning refresh and evening turndown they will pick it up then

2 hours ago, skynight said:

Thank you.  I have been looking for this PDF and could not find it.  The data on the website that I can see misses quite a few of these items off (e.g. afternoon tea in room)

I just wanted to call out the suite breakfast in one of the specialty restaurants. This is only for full suite passengers (so those in Reserve Collection mini-suites have to mosey on down to an MDR) and it is utterly amazing. Usually three waiters every time we've had it, and they're on top of everything. The menu is merely suggestions; if the ingredients are available on the ship, they'll make just about anything you request. Your coffee cup will never go dry and your pastry plate will never go empty unless you actively refuse anything else. 😉 I'm not going to tell you to book a full suite just for the breakfast, but let me tell you it's not to be missed.

If you're traveling with others who aren't in a full suite, no matter how much they grovel, send them to the MDR for breakfast and tell them you'll catch up with them after breakfast because you're on your way to heaven.

58 minutes ago, peety3 said:

I just wanted to call out the suite breakfast in one of the specialty restaurants. This is only for full suite passengers (so those in Reserve Collection mini-suites have to mosey on down to an MDR) and it is utterly amazing. Usually three waiters every time we've had it, and they're on top of everything. The menu is merely suggestions; if the ingredients are available on the ship, they'll make just about anything you request. Your coffee cup will never go dry and your pastry plate will never go empty unless you actively refuse anything else. 😉 I'm not going to tell you to book a full suite just for the breakfast, but let me tell you it's not to be missed.

If you're traveling with others who aren't in a full suite, no matter how much they grovel, send them to the MDR for breakfast and tell them you'll catch up with them after breakfast because you're on your way to heaven.

Loved your wonderful breakfast info for full suite guests.  Of course you can do what we did - upgraded from a balcony to full suite and our friends we travel with did so as well.  Four very happy and excited passengers.