do cruises fill up this fast

dznypal

a few months ago I was looking for cruises with a stop in germany--the only one that came up was RC for june guarantee OV for 4200$ for 2

well then since I can never leave well enough alone I kept checking

only to find there was another cruise going to the same ports the end of aug-so for 200$ change fee I took that but took a balcony guarantee connecting for 5700$ this includes the change fee

but since I actually like non connecting I again kept checking

this time I found just what I was looking for

but this time the price went down a bit actually enough to cover the change fee so I got the cheaper rate also transfered to our TA I didnt think she did other cruise lines since its one that specializes in disney

but what surprises me is how fast this cruise filled up

I know you have to book early for cruises but when I booked it was over a year away

the first cruise I had booked now only has inside rooms available

has anyone done this cruise before and fill me in--this is on indy of the seas

The answer is yes, itineraries can book very quickly.  Especially in the past year or so with bookings as strong as they are.  But cruise lines also hold back inventory for later release, and a significant portion of the inventory may currently be consigned to travel agents with group or block bookings.  So when checking through the website you may not necessarily see the true remaining inventory available directly through them.  All you can do is keep checking.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

4 hours ago, dznypal said:

a few months ago I was looking for cruises with a stop in germany--the only one that came up was RC for june guarantee OV for 4200$ for 2

well then since I can never leave well enough alone I kept checking

only to find there was another cruise going to the same ports the end of aug-so for 200$ change fee I took that but took a balcony guarantee connecting for 5700$ this includes the change fee

but since I actually like non connecting I again kept checking

this time I found just what I was looking for

but this time the price went down a bit actually enough to cover the change fee so I got the cheaper rate also transfered to our TA I didnt think she did other cruise lines since its one that specializes in disney

but what surprises me is how fast this cruise filled up

I know you have to book early for cruises but when I booked it was over a year away

the first cruise I had booked now only has inside rooms available

has anyone done this cruise before and fill me in--this is on indy of the seas

I replied on your last thread and I'll reply again her.  I suggested that you use a TA as there are a lot of Balcony rooms still available so it is an issue that you are having

There are all kinds of rooms available from Oceanview to balconies to suite for 2, 3 or 4 guests

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

The answer is yes, itineraries can book very quickly.  Especially in the past year or so with bookings as strong as they are.  But cruise lines also hold back inventory for later release, and a significant portion of the inventory may currently be consigned to travel agents with group or block bookings.  So when checking through the website you may not necessarily see the true remaining inventory available directly through them.  All you can do is keep checking.

Take a look at the July 20 sailing....tons of inventory remaining and available to book

gee what cruise is that where there are so many rooms left

unfortunately were doing the northern european cities cruise

and I did have a travel agent when I changed the dates--thats how I got an OBC

2 hours ago, dznypal said:

gee what cruise is that where there are so many rooms left

unfortunately were doing the northern european cities cruise

and I did have a travel agent when I changed the dates--thats how I got an 

July 20 on the independence. Not hard to figure out since Indy is only doing 4 cruises in July.  2 are med, one is Norwsy and one has Germany for a port. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ken at the beach said:

Take a look at the July 20 sailing....tons of inventory remaining and available to book

My answer was generic and not specific to any one sailing in response to the thread title. 

As no specific sailing date was identified I didn't research all of the possible available sailings to try to determine which sailing to which the OP may be referring as my response was intended to be applicable to any sailing that may appear to be booking fast.

Although the OP did mention using a TA the suggestion of doing so is also always sound advice.

Edited by leaveitallbehind