Power strips in Infinity cabins?

LinInDel

20 minutes ago, canderson said:

Of all of the solutions that allow for multi-outlets, what I showed is at least the most obviously safe to use.  Positively no place at all for any kind of surge protection of any kind.  Might get a pass, might not.

Cruise lines have figured out that there's a need for improved electrical provisions as is evident from their upgrades in design to newer ships and upgrades when doing refurbs on older ships.  They're going to have to get this sorted one way or the other, even it means handing out gadgets like I showed in that photo.  Trouble is, there are some recessed sockets aboard some ships where even that wouldn't fit.

Won't get a pass... my Leviton three-to-one, multitap adapter was confiscated at NJ embarkation about 2-years ago (way before being officially prohibited). RC wants to preclude the possibility that three, or more, high power devices share the same outlet.

2 minutes ago, adolfo2 said:

Won't get a pass... my Leviton three-to-one, multitap adapter was confiscated at NJ embarkation about 2-years ago (way before being officially prohibited). RC wants to preclude the possibility that three, or more, high power devices share the same outlet.

Oh. OK.  Guess that saves the maintenance crew from having to reset the individual cabin circuit breakers which exist to prevent issues in such instances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, CGinMTL said:

If all they do is confiscate and give it back at the end. I am willing to chance it 

They make the giving back part difficult (time-consuming). Frequently not worth the hassle, especially for a three-way adapter 

• Like 1

We both have an Anker charging brick that charges our phones/tablets/kindle faster than direct plug. BUT, those need to be charged. I have the donut for my Dyson hairdryer. I also have a cube that I have never used, will have to dig it out and throw it in the checked bag. Somewhere is that universal plug thing that I doubt will fit in the Edge class charging box... They may slow us down, but we will CHARGE IT! 

5 hours ago, LinInDel said:

So what are our options? What can we safely use?

Check out One Beat Multi Plug Outlet on Amazon.  Ive used it on several cruises.

Desktop Power Strip with 3 Outlet 4 USB Ports 4.5A, Flat Plug and 5 ft Long Braided Extension Cords for Cruise Ship Travel Home Office, ETL Listed

Edited by awhcruiser

10 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

Check out One Beat Multi Plug Outlet on Amazon.  Ive used it on several cruises.

Desktop Power Strip with 3 Outlet 4 USB Ports 4.5A, Flat Plug and 5 ft Long Braided Extension Cords for Cruise Ship Travel Home Office, ETL Listed

Not any more 😉

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

Just because the marketing says for cruise ship travel does not make the marketing true. That power strip would not be allowed according to Royals new wording. Stay away from anything the says power strip. Charging stations with multiple USB A or USB C ports are fine. If there are multiple AC outlets like the one you have been using they would be prohibited. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Just because the marketing says for cruise ship travel does not make the marketing true. That power strip would not be allowed according to Royals new wording. Stay away from anything the says power strip. Charging stations with multiple USB A or USB C ports are fine. If there are multiple AC outlets like the one you have been using they would be prohibited. 

Some unknown Chinese manufacturer decides to put a "Cruise Line Approved" sticker on something and people lose their minds. I'm waiting for it to appear on Irons & Steamers next :-0

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CGinMTL said:

Furthermore, I never used my phone on ships, but they force me to use the app.

I've never been forced to use the app while onboard. No matter the ship. Just off the Edge and never used my phone. 

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Wow...What does Celebrity have to do with Royals new wording? Ive used your alleged illegal power strip on Celebrity last spring.

Edited by awhcruiser

53 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

Wow...What does Celebrity have to do with Royals new wording? Ive used your alleged illegal powerstrip on Celebrity last spring.

It isn’t prohibited on Celebrity yet but Royal changed their wording last week. Added a few words. It is pretty likely Celebrity will follow suit. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, adolfo2 said:

Last Spring is NOT today going forward (the rule changed)

We are on Edge class.  The white box will work just as well if I have to leave my extra power behind.  Time will tell when/if Celebrity changes its wording as well.

Edited by awhcruiser
  • Like 1