Does tellus@vikingcruises.com only work for ocean cruises?

Australia08

I’ve contacted tellus@vikingcruises.com in the past regarding ocean cruises. They get back to me within 2 days. I recently contacted them about a problem on a river cruise and I didn’t hear back from them  Two weeks later I recontacted them about the issue. Still nothing. Is there a different email address for Viking River issues?

That is very odd.  You can use that same email for both River and Ocean.

There is NOT a different email for River.

I generally hear back - and I use this email quite often - sometimes within 24 hours but there have been times that it has been several days.

• Like 1

Yes, they actually do. After our last river I contacted them and they emailed and then called me to discuss. They kind of have a lot going on with the folks on the rivers unable to sail due to high water, so I’d give them a bit more time. 

Edited by TinaLee
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2024 at 9:52 PM, Australia08 said:

I’ve contacted tellus@vikingcruises.com in the past regarding ocean cruises. They get back to me within 2 days. I recently contacted them about a problem on a river cruise and I didn’t hear back from them  Two weeks later I recontacted them about the issue. Still nothing. Is there a different email address for Viking River issues?

Sometimes it can be as simple as:

•  mistyped the e-mail address

•  reply ended up in the spam folder or trash

18 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

That is very odd.  You can use that same email for both River and Ocean.

There is NOT a different email for River.

I generally hear back - and I use this email quite often - sometimes within 24 hours but there have been times that it has been several days.

I resent the email last week and still no reply. Interestingly enough, I sent them a separate question about my upcoming ocean cruise and they got back to me the next day. I was going to ask the representative who called about not having heard back regarding my river issue, but decided not to overly complicate the situation. I just resent the river issue email tonight and also copied Viking guest services. 

Thanks for all of your replies. 

On 9/24/2024 at 12:55 AM, Australia08 said:

I resent the email last week and still no reply. Interestingly enough, I sent them a separate question about my upcoming ocean cruise and they got back to me the next day. I was going to ask the representative who called about not having heard back regarding my river issue, but decided not to overly complicate the situation. I just resent the river issue email tonight and also copied Viking guest services. 

Thanks for all of your replies. 

Please clarify - when you say that you also copied Viking Guest Services - what email is that?

What is the main email that you are using.  The only one that is of real value to us is tellus@vikingcruises.com

3 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

Please clarify - when you say that you also copied Viking Guest Services - what email is that?

What is the main email that you are using.  The only one that is of real value to us is tellus@vikingcruises.com

People have had success with sending emails to either address.

I've always heard back within 1 or 2 days from that tellus email, whether it is river or ocean.

Perhaps check to see if your email was delivered?

Or just send it again.  I always "bcc" to myself as well - at least shows that an email was sent.  Doublecheck your Viking email spelling as well.  I've done that one before.

On 9/22/2024 at 6:52 PM, Australia08 said:

Try various addresses here:

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/viking-cruises/