A laundry question

jennjess

10 minutes ago, Petronillus said:

Interesting question. I've often wondered how HAL handles the jerk who abuses the perq out of gratuitous malevolence.

so do you know the answer? Is it a free bag of laundry or is it unlimited?

22 minutes ago, electro said:

so do you know the answer? Is it a free bag of laundry or is it unlimited?

35 minutes ago, Petronillus said:

Interesting question. I've often wondered how HAL handles the jerk who abuses the perq out of gratuitous malevolence.

Wow, what would this "gratuitous malevolence" entail - we are talking about sending laundry..?

9 minutes ago, Moriah said:

Wow, what would this "gratuitous malevolence" entail - we are talking about sending laundry..?

I'm also wondering what would qualify as abuse. If it is unlimited and you send out several bags during the cruise is that abuse?

We have always had "free" unlimited laundry. Beginning with our first HAL cruise, we've used the first of our included OBC for it. No waiting to reach 4-star. That's for me, so I don't have to do all the laundry when returning home. Have so appreciated sending a few things in a bag each day. The next portion of they included OBC is for DH to purchase liquor in the duty-free shops.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Moriah said:

5 minutes ago, electro said:

I'm also wondering what would qualify as abuse. If it is unlimited and you send out several bags during the cruise is that abuse?

I don't want to put limits on the human capacity for jerkiness. But I'm thinking of the "Peel me a grape" mentality. Three bags a day, with 2-3 items per bag? At what point does HAL have to say, "Let's be reasonable about this"?

1 hour ago, Petronillus said:

I don't want to put limits on the human capacity for jerkiness. But I'm thinking of the "Peel me a grape" mentality. Three bags a day, with 2-3 items per bag? At what point does HAL have to say, "Let's be reasonable about this"?

I think you are looking for trouble where none exists.  Even the "jerky" scenario you described above is really not a thing.  I'm sure the cabin steward would suggest to such a guest that they consolidate into one bag next time.  Really... gratuitous malevolance?(sp?)   Sheesh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Petronillus said:

Do you have personal knowledge of people doing this?  From the many bags placed on the rolling carts or outside the cabins on evenings, they seem pretty full to me.  

21 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

Do you have personal knowledge of people doing this?  From the many bags placed on the rolling carts or outside the cabins on evenings, they seem pretty full to me.  

4 hours ago, Moriah said:

I think you are looking for trouble where none exists.  Even the "jerky" scenario you described above is really not a thing.  I'm sure the cabin steward would suggest to such a guest that they consolidate into one bag next time.  Really... gratuitous malevolance?(sp?)   Sheesh.

Who's making a mountain out of a molehill? @electro asked a question about limits, if any, on the free laundry perq. I responded with something I've wondered about. Shame on me for wondering?

If you two live in a world without jerks, and you never have to look out for mischief-makers, then I envy you.