Hotel pricing in Vancouver

a.madruga

I just booked 2 nights post cruise in April. Per my TA, nothing was available through Princess. I booked the Hyatt downtown on my own at around $300 a night. You can pay less in other areas but I have not found Vancouver hotels to be priced cheaply as a rule. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BamaVol said:

I just booked 2 nights post cruise in April. Per my TA, nothing was available through Princess. I booked the Hyatt downtown on my own at around $300 a night. You can pay less in other areas but I have not found Vancouver hotels to be priced cheaply as a rule. 

To be clear, that’s $300 US. $400 CAD. 

• Like 1

I recently priced out some hotels at $350 US (for this week). 

Going through the cruise line may be around the same price but price it both ways. There are a lot of great hotels near the pier in downtown Vancouver. Vancouver is easy to navigate so don't worry about booking on your own and doing your own transfers. 

While in some places I have done Princess hotels, I have not done them in Vancouver. I have stayed at many different properties and have been pleased with all of them.

• Like 2

We stayed at Barclay hotel on Robson Street. Much cheaper than some of the hotels near the port, but close enough to walk to Bars and Restaurants. A taxi to port with luggage on departure day was cheap enough with the price saving on the hotel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, a.madruga said:

Pre. cruise prices have been way out of control with charges at per passenger not the normal per room

like two doubles or a king. Has anyone had this issue?   Thanks 

Supply and demand.

Could be multiple ships in port on the same day with thousands of guests who need a pre or post cruise room.

• Like 1

I’ve never found the Princess hotel programme all that competitive and it’s always been priced PPDO.  

Vancouver hotel rates are high year round, going to “breathtaking” in cruise season.  My suggestion is to considering joining a hotel loyalty plan and buy the points you’d need for your stay - with periodic bonus points promos (buy 10,000 points, get 4,000-6,000 free), you can often come out way ahead if you’re happy with the rooms that plan makes available for award redemption. 

• Thanks 1

We did Alaska cruise going out of Vancouver.  I checked prices and finally settled on Hotel Le Soleil.  They had the best price (under $250) and we checked out and walked to the port.  the hotel was nice and our room was a one bedroom suite.

the Auberge is also listed for under $250 near the port.

just wanted to give you some options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1