So who is getting ready to book for 2026/27?

gordylad

14 hours ago, zitsky said:

Does anyone have a suggestion to figure out past cruise prices while we wait for schedules to be published? (Japan, May 2026)?  I do the obvious, look at 2025 schedule to guess 2026.  But so much is already sold out in 2025 so there are no prices for some cabins.

I use Cruiseplum.com for looking at price history for a cruise. For example- if I am looking at a December 2025  cruise, I would look at the pricing history graph of the equivalent December 2024 cruise.

Cruiseplum is not a booking site, so we can name it (within CC guidelines)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gordylad said:

Got to be honest although we will most likely book Celebrity [again] having trawled through the upcoming releases its as you were....same old....

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Deployment/CEL_2026_27_New_Deployment-Preview-Flyer.pdf#page=3

I’m looking for better price not better service.

Very rough idea here but, here’s what I found so far for Japan spring 2026.

Azamara almost everything extra.  A veranda for more than the price of SS.  Longer cruise more ports.

Princess interesting, a few thousand less than X Reserve compared to SS but confusion about vaping policy and adult area by reservation only on day 1.

MSC Yacht club price of a SS.  Almost didn’t notice original price was for inside YC cabin.  

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gordylad said:

Got to be honest although we will most likely book Celebrity [again] having trawled through the upcoming releases its as you were....same old....

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Deployment/CEL_2026_27_New_Deployment-Preview-Flyer.pdf#page=3

It looks like northern Japan has been taken off the Millennium schedule for 2026-2027.  Anyone know why?

For those questioning the vaping in princess cabins I am elite on princess and emailed them for clarification given the contract says 1 thing and faqs say another.  They said vaping is not allowed in cabins and it is a glitch on the passage contract and was sent off to be updated.  

• Like 2

Question...Bermuda just opened 10/1/24 and we booked for the week of 7/7/26-7/14/26...I just went in to see if there were any sales or price decrease from when we booked as I see the fall sale is jumping all around..BUT the week is gone...could it be possibly sold out already when just yesterday when I went to look for a room for a friend it showed quite a few open in the category I was looking at.  My fear is they are changing the schedule or perhaps someone has come in and wants to charter that ship that week....any thouhgts?

20 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

For those questioning the vaping in princess cabins I am elite on princess and emailed them for clarification given the contract says 1 thing and faqs say another.  They said vaping is not allowed in cabins and it is a glitch on the passage contract and was sent off to be updated.  

Can you please ask them to fix the TVs also?  If the TV says vaping allowed in cabin, well….

• Like 2

On 10/15/2024 at 3:01 PM, katmu said:

I’m waiting for the rest of the 2026 Mediterranean cruises to open up on 11/5.  If the Med dates don’t work, I might also consider Japan.

Same.  Waiting anxiously.  Hoping there is one itinerary that will jump out at us.  Looking for something unique. 

• Like 2

My recommendation is to book early, early.  Today I checked price of the A2 (solo, cruise only) on 13-night Nov 2025 Eclipse TA that I booked onboard last Nov.  Holy cow!!

My original booking = $3829 ($100 deposit)  

In May it was $4396 (+15%)

Today it's $7384!! (+93%)

That's an eye-watering $3555 over original price in less than 12 months still with 12 months to go.  Wow.  Blu's good but $3555 good??  LOL

In the FWIW dept, in Jan, I also booked the Nov 2025 13-night TA on Silversea (Silver Ray, solo) for $7175 all in; price was too good to pass up so I'd decided to let the $100 Eclipse deposit go.  However, was actually able to put it to good use, moving it to the Aug 2026 Silhouette Iceland-Boston.  The $100 change fee was no worse than letting it go and I got the cabin I wanted for no additional outlay.      

Yup, definitely book early.  Silversea's prices have gone up too (my cruise is up 32% since Jan), but at least their deposits are refundable now.  I'll book something on X as far out as possible on my upcoming Silhouette cruise merely for the $100 deposit.  Then if something pops up that I want, I'll pay the change fee and move it. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

My recommendation is to book early, early.  Today I checked price of the A2 (solo, cruise only) on 13-night Nov 2025 Eclipse TA that I booked onboard last Nov.  Holy cow!!

My original booking = $3829 ($100 deposit)  

In May it was $4396 (+15%)

Today it's $7384!! (+93%)

That's an eye-watering $3555 over original price in less than 12 months still with 12 months to go.  Wow.  Blu's good but $3555 good??  LOL

In the FWIW dept, in Jan, I also booked the Nov 2025 13-night TA on Silversea (Silver Ray, solo) for $7175 all in; price was too good to pass up so I'd decided to let the $100 Eclipse deposit go.  However, was actually able to put it to good use, moving it to the Aug 2026 Silhouette Iceland-Boston.  The $100 change fee was no worse than letting it go and I got the cabin I wanted for no additional outlay.      

Yup, definitely book early.  Silversea's prices have gone up too (my cruise is up 32% since Jan), but at least their deposits are refundable now.  I'll book something on X as far out as possible on my upcoming Silhouette cruise merely for the $100 deposit.  Then if something pops up that I want, I'll pay the change fee and move it. 

Lots of complaints on the SilverSea board.  I noped out of there and went to the MSC forum instead.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, zitsky said:

Lots of complaints on the SilverSea board.  I noped out of there and went to the MSC forum instead.

Most of the complaints on every board are the same. The veteran, experienced cruisers on whatever line (Royal,X,O,Princess, MSC,SS,SB,RSSC) don't like the changes to the line they most frequent.

It's time for eveyone to play musical cruise line. Get off your "favorite" and when the music stops, try another one. The new cruisers on a line won't know what they don't know. 

That seems to be our plan. We have sailed Royal the most, but no Royal booked and probably no plans to. Like X and have four booked, but sometimes their prices are too high. Doing our first HAL and O next year -- if we read the boards here on either line and followed the "conventional" wisdom, we would not step foot on them. Will do SS eventually. 

mac_tlc

• Like 5

On 10/18/2024 at 6:55 AM, cruzrbachoua said:

Show me an updated contract that is not from Australia.  It has to go through a legal review before it is in the contract ...

The last I checked vaping was in the cruise contract (several weeks ago) and was advertised on the TV...  Therefore giving vapers the authority to vape.

Is Princess going to clean up their vaped cabins?  I.e.  the nicotine and other residue?  How?

Oooopsie, we allowed vaping in our cabins ... 😂

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

That seems to be our plan. We have sailed Royal the most, but no Royal booked and probably no plans to. Like X and have four booked, but sometimes their prices are too high. Doing our first HAL and O next year -- if we read the boards here on either line and followed the "conventional" wisdom, we would not step foot on them. Will do SS eventually. 

mac_tlc

This is our plan also! We've done 55 cruises, the most are also on Royal... Our next 4 trips are on Celebrity, Princess, Royal and HAL!! We'll see which line suits us best and values our business. That, along with interesting and new itineraries as well as pricing that is a value and not highway robbery!! As a side note, Celebrity has become our first choice - but the Princess and HAL that we've booked have itineraries that Celebrity doesn't offer. Also, our next Royal trip goes from a port that we can drive to and Celebrity doesn't sail from!!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

So when is Japan 2026 May coming out?  I likely will not book for 2026 as I am all booked up,  but looking for 2027.

Golden week and Japan to Korea May 2026 are on the schedule.  Question is will there be a mid May Japan cruise to avoid the crowds.  Doesn’t seem like it.  

I am considering the Japan to Korea in Aqua in mid May as it may be $2000 less ($8300) than an April Japan cruise (about $10,300) and it actually adds one or two more Japan ports, I believe.  

I won’t decide until we are on Millie in January.  It will be in Aqua with maybe a move up to a SS..  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Golden week and Japan to Korea May 2026 are on the schedule.  Question is will there be a mid May Japan cruise to avoid the crowds.  Doesn’t seem like it.  

I am considering the Japan to Korea in Aqua in mid May as it may be $2000 less ($8300) than an April Japan cruise (about $10,300) and it actually adds one or two more Japan ports, I believe.  

I won’t decide until we are on Millie in January.  It will be in Aqua with maybe a move up to a SS..  

I would likely do mid May also.  I guess I can look at Golden week for pricing.

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Ahhhh.  Now I see what you are saying.  The Golden Week cruise looks like the standard cruise.  The other May cruises have a different itinerary.  Less ports,  but some overnights.  Starts in one port and ends in another.

• Like 1