LIVE from Eurodam Sept 28 - Oct 5, closing out Alaska 🐻🐳 season

Haljo1935

3 hours ago, Ellencruise said:

Enjoy the week. Your posts are great. I haven’t been back to Alaska since 2009! That year we cruised in June. I’ll need to research the advantages and disadvantages of different times of year to visit Alaska since I’m getting the urge to revisit.

We like early season for all the waterfalls and usually more sunshine, but still see plenty of ice in Glacier Bay.

We like late season for the different vibe and changing scenery. 

Both are great to us - we've never been in peak season.

• Like 5

Congrats on your anniversary!

Have a great cruise.

Alaska never appealed to us......too far away...(we have Norway/Iceland closer) and too cold!  We don't like cold.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to persuade us otherwise 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

@Haljo1935 What a wonderful view of the mountain. Yes, I did 4 Alaska cruises this summer and I'm now home and no more cruising until next year. So far I have the Eurodam booked for August and Sept 2025 as I have friends who want to go with me so that works. I may do one by myself but haven't quite decided yet. Have a wonderful time! 

Karen

• Like 1

18 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Congrats on your anniversary!

Have a great cruise.

Alaska never appealed to us......too far away...(we have Norway/Iceland closer) and too cold!  We don't like cold.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to persuade us otherwise 😉

I have to say I think the scenery in Norway's fjords edges out Alaska-Geirangerfjord is my top choice for most beautiful place I've been. BUT Alaska has glaciers that reach water level. And you can see them calve. You don't see that on Norway's glaciers, which are up on mountains. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I have to say I think the scenery in Norway's fjords edges out Alaska-Geirangerfjord is my top choice for most beautiful place I've been. BUT Alaska has glaciers that reach water level. And you can see them calve. You don't see that on Norway's glaciers, which are up on mountains. 

I agree as we too have been to the Norwegian fjords cruise and never thought we needed to go to Alaska, but hence, we are on this cruise to Alaska on the Eurodam. Love this ship.

We will be boarding the Eurodam this Saturday 10/05 for the 21 night Panama Canal cruise.  I saw the Eurodam yesterday 9/28 as it sailed by my house, and the realization hit me that I was going to be on that ship in just a week.

Enjoy your cruise, and Happy Anniversary!!!

• Like 4

Good morning @Haljo1935! I saw over on the sail in thread for Juneau today that you're getting an extended stay there. The weather this morning looks lovely. Have a great time in Juneau but I'm sorry you're missing Glacier Bay, Icy Strait Point and Sitka. Hope all is going well and you're enjoying the Eurodam!

Karen