The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday September 29th, 2024

Just saw where musician / actor Kris Kristofferson has died at age 88.  Me and Bobby McGee and For The Good Times are 2 of my favourites of his.  May his soul rest in eternal peace.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 11

43 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Just saw where musician / actor Kris Kristofferson has died at age 88.  Me and Bobby McGee and For The Good Times are 2 of my favourites of his.  May his soul rest in eternal peace.

Sad to hear.  I enjoyed him in A Star Is Born with Barbra Streisand.  RIP Kris.

• Like 5

Busy day with family communications. Received text from nephew near Canton NC west of Asheville. They are ok, animals too, house is good. Creek rose, washed through carport and parts of their property, washed out driveway. Several trees down, some blocking road.  No power, no water (well), no landline, cell signal just restored. @durangoscots Susan, you might not get word from that are for days!  

Heard from others in family… Georgia especially of concern. Brutal mess in many places but all my folk are reporting in ok!  Didn’t sleep much last night but I took a nap this afternoon. A very disrupted day. 

We are booked on 2026 HAL VoV Solar Eclipse cruise.  Haven’t thought much about it. I hope they supply eclipse glasses.  

Many thanks to Kieth and Lenda!  

Hoping Vanessa can manage well so she and BFF enjoy their cruise!  🚢 

Thank you @grapau27 for Fr David’s message.  I’m very grateful for my angels!  

Blessings to ALL in need. 
Cheers for celebrations, and smooth travels to all away! 
Welcome home Bruce and Sue!  Thanks for all the beautiful pix!  
Maureen 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Hello everyone,

Again I am late.

I had a bad night sleeping and had a lot to do today.

Just exhausted.

thank you Lenda for Roy’s update.

i hope he gets back to Rehab tomorrow.

Isn’t there anyone nearby that can help him now that Keith had to go back to San Diego? 

If I could I would go, but my situation doesn’t permit it.

Prayers for everyone and hope tomorrow is a better day.

Two appointments tomorrow.  Will post when I can.

Terri

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Busy day with family communications. Received text from nephew near Canton NC west of Asheville. They are ok, animals too, house is good. Creek rose, washed through carport and parts of their property, washed out driveway. Several trees down, some blocking road.  No power, no water (well), no landline, cell signal just restored. @durangoscots Susan, you might not get word from that are for days!  

Heard from others in family… Georgia especially of concern. Brutal mess in many places but all my folk are reporting in ok!  Didn’t sleep much last night but I took a nap this afternoon. A very disrupted day. 

We are booked on 2026 HAL VoV Solar Eclipse cruise.  Haven’t thought much about it. I hope they supply eclipse glasses.  

Many thanks to Kieth and Lenda!  

Hoping Vanessa can manage well so she and BFF enjoy their cruise!  🚢 

Thank you @grapau27 for Fr David’s message.  I’m very grateful for my angels!  

Blessings to ALL in need. 
Cheers for celebrations, and smooth travels to all away! 
Welcome home Bruce and Sue!  Thanks for all the beautiful pix!  
Maureen 

Maureen.... heard from my step-sister and they are ok. They too have animals who made it through fine and they also report trees down. So far just very brief reports from them, we should know more later but I am relieved they are ok. I have seem some pictures from Canton which looks a mess. One side of my family has deep roots in that area also in eastern Tennessee. Hope the weather calms down for awhile and gives everyone a break.

Susan

• Like 5

Home from camping! 
I’m glad to hear Roy’s news.

@Heartgrove awesome deal!  Prices and mileage have gotten insane. What is saga class?  And extra time in Switzerland will be wonderful.   Where are you staying?  We visited a few years ago as my Great grandmother was born there.   

We were visited by very busy little beavers. Hoping they don’t fall on our RV

IMG_2238.jpeg

IMG_2239.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Well, that's exciting!  We'll look forward to meeting you on board!

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thank you for the updates on Roy.  They sound promising and I hope he can get back to rehab tomorrow and home soon.

I am happy for all those who have heard from loved ones in the path of the storm.  It is difficult when you don't know.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Home from camping! 
I’m glad to hear Roy’s news.

@Heartgrove awesome deal!  Prices and mileage have gotten insane. What is saga class?  And extra time in Switzerland will be wonderful.   Where are you staying?  We visited a few years ago as my Great grandmother was born there.   

We were visited by very busy little beavers. Hoping they don’t fall on our RV

IMG_2238.jpeg

IMG_2239.jpeg

We haven't planned out our stay in Switzerland but my thoughts are to ride the RHB from Tirano to Zermat, and probably some time on Lake Lucerne before Geneva. Icelandair's Saga Class is their Premium  seating that would be similar to our domestic 1st class.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

We haven't planned out our stay in Switzerland but my thoughts are to ride the RHB from Tirano to Zermat, and probably some time on Lake Lucerne before Geneva. Icelandair's Saga Class is their Premium  seating that would be similar to our domestic 1st class.

We really enjoyed the area around the Jungfrau and Eiger mountains.   You can take a cable car or train up there and walk down as short or as far as you’d like.    We visited Gimmelwald as well.  It’s stunning 

We also really enjoyed Berne,  and Chateaux du Fonds, where there is a watch museum.  lucerne so lovely too, so many places.  A few photos to whet your appetite! 

IMG_0210.jpeg

IMG_0197.jpeg

IMG_0222.jpeg

IMG_0223.jpeg

IMG_0306.jpeg

IMG_0288.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, durangoscots said:

Maureen.... heard from my step-sister and they are ok. They too have animals who made it through fine and they also report trees down. So far just very brief reports from them, we should know more later but I am relieved they are ok. I have seem some pictures from Canton which looks a mess. One side of my family has deep roots in that area also in eastern Tennessee. Hope the weather calms down for awhile and gives everyone a break.

Susan

So glad they got word out and they are ok. It’s a brutal mess!  Nephew’s wife’s family is rooted there too, they’re ok too but people are isolated and without services.  Roads have to be opened, bridges over creeks repaired… power! A day or two will be hard but for some I’m concerned that longer stretches will become unmanageable. They will need a lot of support!  Every Blessing to all involved! 
m—

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

ride the RHB from Tirano to Zermatt

Are you thinking of booking on the Bernina Express, or taking a regular train on the Bernina route? I had the idea of adding it to a Venice cruise that never took place.

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 1