Luminae on Beyond...

CruisinShips

Luminae on Beyond is on Deck 16 forward while the MDR kitchen is aft on Deck 2, distance and taking servers away from their section to go get a item slows service for others.

There are no other dining rooms in close proximity to Luminae to order from. 

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Luminae on Beyond is on Deck 16 forward while the MDR kitchen is aft on Deck 2, distance and taking servers away from their section to go get a item slows service for others.

There are no other dining rooms in close proximity to Luminae to order from. 

I am aware of the first part (I wrote it in my question)!  Thanks for the second part lol.

Edited by CruisinShips

Personally I try an avoid booking Edge Class ships. We have only been on Edge and Apex once each. Apex was last June. We had a nice time, but just dont like Luminae's limited menu.

Our friends from the UK picked the Apex. We were both in sky suites. 

After 2 cruises on the Edge Class ships in suites. I have decided that Edge Class ships might best be enjoyed if not booked in a suite. But, very few real balconies on E Class ships. Or book a RS or above to see if I might enjoy the Edge Class ships better. All upper suites are forward. I like being centre to aft.

Writing this reminds me of why I like the M and S Class ships. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I will never understand inconveniencing the wait staff, along with all the other diners who are in the restaurant…eat where they have what you want..

Add us to that list. If I want MDR food then I will dine in the MDR and not place extra work on the Luminae staff nor inconvenience my fellow guests. 

• Like 3

We truly enjoy Luminae on the Edge class ships.  While we enjoy gourmet food, the reason we sail on the Edge class ships is so much more then food.  We love the suite deck and lounge- the service is impeccable in all areas.  At home, we have the opportunity to eat in some of the finest restaurants in the world- not the most important reason to book a suite IMO.  We enjoy some of the specialty restaurants if we want to "mix it up".  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We truly enjoy Luminae on the Edge class ships.  While we enjoy gourmet food, the reason we sail on the Edge class ships is so much more then food.  We love the suite deck and lounge- the service is impeccable in all areas.  At home, we have the opportunity to eat in some of the finest restaurants in the world- not the most important reason to book a suite IMO.  We enjoy some of the specialty restaurants if we want to "mix it up".  

Same.  The Luminae is about both the food and about getting to know the friendly staff from the hostess to the sommelier, to the bread guy, to the servers.  These are typically such good, hardworking, pleasant, selfless people who will serve us dinner, and then greet us with a smile the next morning.  Like you, I don't go on a cruise expecting to have the best meals of my life.

The following is from the Q & A from Laura Hodges Bethge.

"We are continuously working on our menu variety whether that is rotating the menu items based on guest feedback or giving our chefs onboard the creative freedom to experiment and make the dishes we offer their own. Whenever you find yourself craving something on one of our MDR menus, but want to stay in the comfort of Luminae, we can have the food prepared and brought to you directly in Luminae. If you’re on an Edge Series ship this includes anything from Tuscan, Cosmopolitan, Cyprus, or Normandie. We will take this feedback back to the team too. We appreciate the feedback and are constantly looking for ways to elevate the experience on board for our guests."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

"We are continuously working on our menu variety whether that is rotating the menu items based on guest feedback or giving our chefs onboard the creative freedom to experiment and make the dishes we offer their own. Whenever you find yourself craving something on one of our MDR menus, but want to stay in the comfort of Luminae, we can have the food prepared and brought to you directly in Luminae. If you’re on an Edge Series ship this includes anything from Tuscan, Cosmopolitan, Cyprus, or Normandie. We will take this feedback back to the team too. We appreciate the feedback and are constantly looking for ways to elevate the experience on board for our guests."

Notice nothing said about how long it would take to get the food or whether or it would arrive hot.😂

Another example of headquarters offering something the on board crew does not have sufficient staff to deliver.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I wonder if she really believed that was the case when she wrote it...