More At Sea is a downgrade if you had FAS+

kmetz

This is the transcript of my chat just now regarding the Free at Sea Plus package I had previously purchased for two cruises in 2025 (January, August): 

Leslie (10/1/2024, 5:53:28 PM): What happened to the $686 I paid to get the Free at Sea Plus? 
Guillermo (10/1/2024, 5:53:30 PM): An email will be provided to affected guests and travel partners, explaining that a refund of the beverage portion of the program will be provided as a result of the removal of the Premium Plus Beverage package component. 
Leslie (10/1/2024, 5:54:06 PM): So we still get the unlimited wifi, $50 shore excursion credit and 2 extra dining credits? 
Guillermo (10/1/2024, 5:54:22 PM): Yes!  The modified package will continue to include the following offerings:

• Two additional specialty dining meals

• An additional $50 credit per Shore Excursion

• Unlimited Wi-Fi minutes. 

Guillermo (10/1/2024, 5:56:21 PM): The package does NOT include the following: Bottled Water/ Bottled Wine, Connoisseur's Collection, Designated Super-premium brands (list subject to change), Energy drinks or vending machines, Freshly squeezed Juices, Ice Bars, Mini-Bar purchases, Package Sales, Room Service, Ship-specific promotions or beer buckets, Starbucks, Wine dispenser, Wine & Spirit Experiences, tastings, or Flights 

Leslie (10/1/2024, 5:56:50 PM): What is in the Connoisseur's Collection? 
Leslie (10/1/2024, 5:57:09 PM): And "designated super premium brands"? 
Guillermo (10/1/2024, 5:57:14 PM): We do not have a detailed list of the connoisseur collection at this time. However, it is a special wine collection we have that will be advised of guests once they are onboard. 

Edited by CurtandLeslie

I realize the renaming of FAS to MAS was a way to eliminate the FAS+ drink package but NCL should not try to say it’s an improvement. Be honest they had to cut back providing high end spirits and free Starbucks.  Don’t treat us like we are stupid. As quoting Beverly D’Angelo in Violent Night “Don’t **** in my mouth and tell me it’s chocolate cake.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I emailed my PCC but waiting for a response.  What happens to my booking with 2 specialty restaurants under FAS but I sail February 2026 which is one year after More At Sea is in effect.

Does it automatically move to MAS with a price?  Do I get grandfathered in and have FAS in 2026?

25 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I just looked at my cruise and I cannot see my purchase for FAS+ anymore. So, maybe the agent (AI?) is mistaken. 

The ultracrepidarians reported the same. Apparently when they ask for the amenities list it's still there. It'll probably take a few days or weeks to sort out. It's typical NCL IT.

I should add I see your cruise is 28 days out so it's a 2024 cruise.

Edited by mistertomatoe

19 minutes ago, CurtandLeslie said:

This is the transcript of my chat just now regarding the Free at Sea Plus package I had previously purchases for two cruises in 2025 (January, August): 

Leslie (10/1/2024, 5:53:28 PM): What happened to the $686 I paid to get the Free at Sea Plus? 
Guillermo (10/1/2024, 5:53:30 PM): An email will be provided to affected guests and travel partners, explaining that a refund of the beverage portion of the program will be provided as a result of the removal of the Premium Plus Beverage package component. 
Leslie (10/1/2024, 5:54:06 PM): So we still get the unlimited wifi, $50 shore excursion credit and 2 extra dining credits? 
Guillermo (10/1/2024, 5:54:22 PM): Yes!  The modified package will continue to include the following offerings:

• Two additional specialty dining meals

• An additional $50 credit per Shore Excursion

• Unlimited Wi-Fi minutes. 

Guillermo (10/1/2024, 5:56:21 PM): The package does NOT include the following: Bottled Water/ Bottled Wine, Connoisseur's Collection, Designated Super-premium brands (list subject to change), Energy drinks or vending machines, Freshly squeezed Juices, Ice Bars, Mini-Bar purchases, Package Sales, Room Service, Ship-specific promotions or beer buckets, Starbucks, Wine dispenser, Wine & Spirit Experiences, tastings, or Flights 

Leslie (10/1/2024, 5:56:50 PM): What is in the Connoisseur's Collection? 
Leslie (10/1/2024, 5:57:09 PM): And "designated super premium brands"? 
Guillermo (10/1/2024, 5:57:14 PM): We do not have a detailed list of the connoisseur collection at this time. However, it is a special wine collection we have that will be advised of guests once they are onboard. 

Did you notice the part about the refund being for the beverage portion? So how much is that exactly? 

5 minutes ago, mistertomatoe said:

When's your cruise? That would be correct if it starts sailing in 2025.

Yeh and we leave Thursday for our Epic cruise leaving on Sunday. Our FAS+ has disappeared from the summary BUT it is still listed in our Edocs. Not sure what to think at this point!

• Like 2

Just now, mistertomatoe said:

Did you notice the part about the refund being for the beverage portion? So how much is that exactly? 

I did see that, but not until after I exited the chat. It will be interesting to see if the refund is enough to cover a daily latte, bottle of water and a few "designated super premium brands". If so, that's a break even for our already booked cruises. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

Yeh and we leave Thursday for our Epic cruise leaving on Sunday. Our FAS+ has disappeared from the summary BUT it is still listed in our Edocs. Not sure what to think at this point!

There's no point in removing it now without the new program. They'd be losing money. They have to modify it for Jan 1 sailings because having two different programs would be a nightmare. I also suspect they will be adding and removing alcohol and changing retail prices. It'll be 2025 and inflation don't ya know.

• Like 1

Just now, mistertomatoe said:

There's no point in removing it now without the new program. They'd be losing money. They have to modify it for Jan 1 sailings because having two different programs would be a nightmare. I also suspect they will be adding and removing alcohol and changing retail prices. It'll be 2025 and inflation don't ya know.

Guess I’ll see on Sunday. I’ll post findings and musings to my LIVE Epic thread. 🙃

• Like 4

I’ve got a cruise booked for April and already paid for Free at Sea Plus and the unlimited streaming WiFi since it was $10 per day extra. So all of that is gone and will be refunded? The streaming WiFi upgrade option is super expensive now by itself  😞

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

I’m right there with you. I had the rep email my latest travel docs. FAS+ is there. 

• Like 1