How to sell cancelled cruise

islandchick

We probably will be cancelling our cruise that we should be taking in approx 3 weeks. I have scoured the internet for ways to sell it as Virgin allows this but am not coming up with anything. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to sell it. (Moderator please dont delete this post as I will not try to sell it here but need suggestions on how to do so on another website)

• Like 1

Virgin allows you to change the names of the passengers up to a few days before sailing date.  So you should probably look to your friends/connections/socials to find someone who will pay you directly. There’s not a virgin marketplace-type thing where they’ll help you.  So select someone you trust.  Also check with your travel insurance provider, depending on the reason for your cancelling, they may reimburse you for the no refundable. Travel insurance doesn’t transfer. If you offer at a discount your odd may increase.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Cancelling due to employment issue so not covered on travel insurance unfortunately. Don't have many social media contacts but thanks for your suggestion. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. 

There is a a Virgin Marketplace on Facebook. Not sure I can list the name here but look for things like Virgin buy and it should pop up. Obviously one should exercise caution.

There is also a Reddit forum that has an advertising thread pinned to the top.

If you used a travel advisor, reach out to them if you have not. Some will try to help you find a taker.

BTW, double-check your policy if you have not as some travel insurances do vcover employment-related cancellations.

Good luck!

• Like 2

I'd suggest joining the facebook group specifically for your cruise (most cruises someone makes one) and posting about it there. Some people already on your cruise might have friends/family looking to join hoping to get a good deal.

• Like 2

I have bought and sold a couple VV cruises on the Facebook group specifically for this purpose. Definitely do your due dilligence when selling to be sure you are dealing with a serious, reputable person. It can be done just be cautious. Good luck!

• Like 2

If you used a TA (first mate), contact them.  THey will forward the info to their clients and try to help you sell it.  They will also handle the financial transaction which would certainly make ME more comfortable than sending an unknown person a lot of money.  Maybe not all TAs do this, but mine does.  I get periodic notices about her having a client that can't cruise, listing the details and to contact her if interested.

• Like 1