Some things never change

CruiserNana

Six of us cruised on Constellation two times starting 12.31.05 and 03.04.64 - exactly 9 weeks apart. We probably will not cruise on Constellation again: on both cruises getting luggage was a problem; the food quality and choices were poor; and excuses rather than solving problems seemed to be the motto of the cruise line. We are not novice cruisers. Also, we will probably think twice before booking any Celebrity cruise again. One thing: our Cabin staff, both on Deck 2 and Deck 9 was excellent; and our wait staff on both cruises saved the dinner experiece from being a complete disaster.

Sorry for your disappointments but happy to report I've never had a problem on any of my 5 Celebrity cruises out of 18 total. Celebrity has easily become my line of choice. We all look for different things I guess.

Hi Nana !

Sorry your Cruise did not live up to your expectations. We were just on Century, and our Cruise, and the food was fantastic. Hopefully, you will find another Cruise that will make you happy. If Celebrity can't do it, your choices will be slim though. Good Luck !

Hi, sorry your cruises were so disappointing. Fortunetly I have not

had those type of experiences. All of my Celebrity cruises have

been excellent.

Of course, there may have been couple of things not perfect, then

again not much of anything in life is...Celebrity is definitely

my cruiseline of choice.

Are you going to explain anything to us? How did your wait staff

keep everything from being a disaster? So the whole cruise

was not bad then,......your wait staff was excellent? And your cabin

attendants were also?

I am just trying to understand what happened.

I'm also sorry that the Constellation did not enjoy the Constellation. She is my favorite ship. I hope that you find a line that meets all of your expections. If you ever decide to try Celebrity again, please let us know abour your concerns or desires and maybe someone on the board can make some suggestions to you.

Hi Lois

Hi Everyone !

What can you do.... You know the old saying, you cant please everyone, all the time.

The sad part about this, is that some of us let a couple of bad events get them upset, everything starts to go downhill. Then, they wind up having a bad Cruise. We all have been there many times (a bad embarkation, a bad meal, or a rude crew member), but I never let the small stuff get to me. I always like to stay positive. I always try my best to move past it, and have the best time I can. I work too hard for my vacations, and I am not going to let the small stuff get to me.

I feel if you can try to stay positive, you have a much better chance of enjoying your Cruise. Just my .02 cents.

Dspencer, I am in Florida....would that have been last hurricane

season?:eek:

Andy, that old saying applies....."Don't sweat the small stuff";)

What bothers me is why post a paragraph like that? (The OP)

I guess they do it to just get a reply? I for one, would really

be interested in what happened...if the week was a disaster? I just feel

like (for me) a cruise to be a disaster would have to be...well, maybe

if the ship sinks? LOL

Actually Andy, there was a couple on the STAR from last week

and they live here in Jax. They gave an interview and it was

so refreshing:). She said they have already booked to go back

on her once she is sailing again! She said that the fire

was not going to ruin her love for cruising and they are still

big Princess Fans. She really had a wonderful attitude!

I also am a new poster but have had quite a diiferent experience with each & every Celebrity Cruise..and there have been plenty!!

Firstly, as CruiserNana mentioned, she has cruised many times. The luggage may or may not make it to your room by dinner,so, an experienced cruiser would take that into consideration and plan accordingly.

Glad to hear the room stewards were great as well as the dining room staff. Food quality is,as we all know, extremely subjective. Anything that I ever questioned was always remmedied immediately by our superb waitstaff (male or female) and then followed up by the assigned Maitre d' to make sure things were spot on. And to tell the truth with over 30 Celebrity (probably 15 on the Constellation) I don't think this happened more than a couple of times.

Hopefully, if you sail with Celebrity again, you will get to experince the same! Happy sailing wherever it maybe!:)

Anytime anyone comes on line that has only posted a couple of times and decides to attack, I pretty much disregard the comments. Anyone who is seasoned cruiser knows not all luggage arrives prior to dinner: most yes, all no. As for food, most everyone who is a seasoned cruiser knows the quality of food isn't quite what it was back in the 80s and 90s but it is still darn good, no matter what line. We were on the Zenith in December: we had 4 entree choices every night, 2 or 3 appitizers and 2 or 3 salads. What more does someone need? Of course the best statement: the staff cared more about excuses than problem solving. What were the problems and how could they have been solved? I think our OP just needed to vent for some reason and I don't think we will hear from her much, if at all. NMNita

Six of us cruised on Constellation two times starting 12.31.05 and 03.04.64 - exactly 9 weeks apart.

Did you go into a time warp?

We probably will not cruise on Constellation again: on both cruises getting luggage was a problem; the food quality and choices were poor; and excuses rather than solving problems seemed to be the motto of the cruise line. We are not novice cruisers. Also, we will probably think twice before booking any Celebrity cruise again. One thing: our Cabin staff, both on Deck 2 and Deck 9 was excellent; and our wait staff on both cruises saved the dinner experiece from being a complete disaster.

If you meant 3/4/06, we were on the same cruise as you, and I cannot agree with your comments. I know food is different from person to person, but I found the new menu's and the food to be very good. The few problems that we did have (our sink drain backed up) were addressed immediatly and no excuses. I wish you could have provided more information regarding your experiences instead of just bashing and running.

... the food quality and choices were poor; and excuses rather than solving problems seemed to be the motto of the cruise line.

I really try not to bash, especially new posters, and I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt...but this is bunk. How many problems could you have...in over a dozen X cruises I have found myself at customer service 3 times. Twice to sort out problems created by the airline. We all know the menus and the selection they offer...and even on a bad day X's food is at least good, usually very good...I suspect the staff's attitude reflects the attitude of the poster...whine and complain long enough, no one will listen...including the staff.

I have taken a number of cruises and there is something that has happened on every single cruise I have taken. They always make me get off the cruise ship when my cruise is over. It pisses me off to no end :)

I totally agree and that goes for life too.

The holiday was ruined I hear people say over one hour of one day.

We had a trip to florida once that included 3 hurricanes. we had a brilliant time all the same!:D

Wow, that's really making lemonade of of lemons! Love your attitude.

Karyn

I always feel sad for people like this. It is a shame to be able to find and remember faults, but to pass over the joys. It would seem to make for a very unhappy life.

And we should remember that happiness is not something a cruiseline or anyone else can give us; it is something that we can only give ourselves in the way we view what life hands us.

Susan

well said.

Happiness comes from within and it can be a choice we make.

It was florida July/Aug/ early sept 04.

we lost Jamaica off a cruise to one got off ship and drove to Orlando to see the devastation. sat another out and got our departure delayed for a week and left just as another was hitting..

Nothing like the poor people of new orleans last year thought. terrible times.

We return to florida this summer- I love Florida! . fingers crossed none make landfall any place this year.

In her first post she stated she boarded the ship at 2:00P.M. in Puerto Rico and didn't receive her luggage until 9:30. Stated the ship was supposed to depart at 11 but left at 9 because it was New Years eve. I believe I remember reading about the change of time but my question is she stated that this first night was a formal night. I realize this was New Year's eve but never heard of the first night being formal.

I cannot understand why people on the Celebrity board are always putting down other cruisers who post their opinion about their Celebrity cruise. It's THEIR opinion and you have no right to put them down because they are critizing the lack of service they received from Celebrity. Celebrity is not perfect, although the way some of you go on you think it was.

Instead of critizing these fellow cruisers, why not try to help them out with suggestions on how they may improve their cruise experience with Celebrity.

I cannot understand why people on the Celebrity board are always putting down other cruisers who post their opinion about their Celebrity cruise. It's THEIR opinion and you have no right to put them down because they are critizing the lack of service they received from Celebrity. Celebrity is not perfect, although the way some of you go on you think it was.

Instead of critizing these fellow cruisers, why not try to help them out with suggestions on how they may improve their cruise experience with Celebrity.

Suntan:

The problem with posts such as this is we have had a number of these "drive by" threads of late. I don't remember it happening as much as the last couple of months. Posters with one or two posts come on and make accusations with details or no back-up that sometimes make no sense whatsoever. This is what makes them suspect and also the Celebrity board is no different than other boards.

Suntan:

The problem with posts such as this is we have had a number of these "drive by" threads of late.

It's too bad that many people lately are doing a "bump and run". I don't mind reading someone's review of their cruise but like you said, back up your comments.

Let me put this out there: I've read a lot lately about Celebrity's service going down the nick. I hope not as we are returning to Celebrity next year, sailing on the Galaxy (my favourite ship) next February. What specifically are the "problems" with the service, if any? Thanks.

Archived