New Crêperie to be on Allura

DanOnboard

Oceania Cruises Unveils Details of the Crêperie, a New Culinary Venue Debuting on Allura™ in 2025.

MIAMI, FL – October 9, 2024  The Crêperie, located next to Baristas, the line’s signature coffee bar, will offer a selection of tempting French crêpes, Bruxelles waffles and bubble waffles, alongside Italian ice cream sundaes, from mid-morning throughout the afternoon.

Complete press release on O's website under Company Info -  Media.  It also mentions a new library.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, DanOnboard said:

The Crêperie, located next to Baristas

I wonder if that's going to replace the space occupied on Vista by The Bakery. If so, I'm not convinced replacing the pastries and quiche, with pancakes is progress (much as I like pancakes). 

47 minutes ago, Harters said:

I wonder if that's going to replace the space occupied on Vista by The Bakery. If so, I'm not convinced replacing the pastries and quiche, with pancakes is progress (much as I like pancakes). 

As far as i understand it’s going to replace the library 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

More carbs at odd hours. When will it be specifically open, the exact hours? Sounds like AFTER breakfast has already been served in the TC and Waves. For those who want a very truncated "breakfast" for lunch?

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

On sea days could provide a nice Brunch by combining breakfast and lunch.

Particularly if they do savoury, as well as sweet, pancakes (like a gallette)

Edited by Harters
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Harters said:

Particularly if they do savoury, as well as sweet, pancakes (like a gallette)

Very true!

Not like some here, I don’t feel the need to “ get my money’s worth “ every day. On sea days, we typically only eat two meals per day with dinner also typically being one of those. A nice Brunch can easily serve as that second meal. 

Even on port days, when we have large lunches ashore, dinner may only be a cheese plate in the TC. If this new venue is serving into the dinner hour, it could easily replace the TC for that lighter meal.

• Like 3

I read it is not replacing the bakery. It will be beside it.

I don't care for the bakery, have not found a single item that I enjoyed.

But love crepes, so really looking forward to that.

52 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

I read it is not replacing the bakery. It will be beside it.

I don't care for the bakery, have not found a single item that I enjoyed.

But love crepes, so really looking forward to that.

Agree. Bakery is not very good. 

33 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Agree. Bakery is not very good. 

The bakery offers real French pastries exactly like in France. I’m really curious what’s not to like? Brioche, cannelé, beignets, chouquettes, croissants, pain au chocolat, eclairs and madeleines. 

Edited by maxamize
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, maxamize said:

The bakery offers real French pastries exactly like in France. I’m really curious what’s not to like? Brioche, cannelé, beignets, croissants, pain au chocolat, eclairs and madeleines. 

No danish pastries. I found the selection on the Vista was limited, except great croissants. 

18 minutes ago, maxamize said:

real French pastries exactly like in Franc

I agree. Good quality pastry work, IMO. We tended to go there for an afternoon snack, rather than afternoon tea in Horizons. 

Edited by Harters
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

No danish pastries. I found the selection on the Vista was limited, except great croissants. 

I think it was designed to be like a French bakery. Don’t find much of danishes in France. Not to everyone’s taste, I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

So not interested in this. I agree the bakery on Vista doesn't quite work, either.   

I have exactly the same with Ember but apparently there are people who like the concept.

I do like the bakery because it serves authentic French and Italian pastries. So it’s great that O has something for everyone. 

Returning to the topic about the crêperie replacing the beautiful Library… I could live without the crêperie.

Edited by maxamize

4 minutes ago, maxamize said:

Returning to the topic about the crêperie replacing the beautiful Library… I could live without the crêperie.

If I remember correctly, the library will be near Horizons.

• Like 1